Looking at buying a gaming laptop and could use some advise.
I have just moved to the uk so have around £1000 to play with, I need a laptop and not a gaming rig as I will probably move places and don't want to cart it all around.
Cant decide on a 15 or 17 inch, and or an i5:i7 processor. I do know I want a nvidia gtx graphics card, full hd and good resolution (maybe a Matt screen). I will be playing the latest and greatest so need something that can shine
Thanks for all your help in advance, details of some laptops I found below.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Full hd highest resolution
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
2-3 hours, more would be great
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Starcraft 2, crysis etc all high settings
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
3d game programming
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb should suffice
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Kobalt with new 560 / 570m, 8gb memory, Matt display , i7 2620m
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
weight is a factor. As is noise and screen quality. Ultimately looking for a top performing and quiet gaming laptop - asus sounds like the "quietest"
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Liked alienware laptops, but look to pricey for not enough hardware. What do you think?