PC2100 DDR RAM prices goes up

Copenhagen

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
Funny to see how the price on PC2100 DDR RAM is climbing at the moment while RDRAM seems to be unaffected. Here is the price development this week for 128 MB Samsung memory here in Denmark.

PC2100 DDR RAM ... 28$ -> 41$
PC800 RDRAM ....... 60$ -> 60$

If it continues to climb as some analysts expect, PC2100 DDR RAM will end up costing more or less the same as RDRAM. Wonder if the expected price increase has something to do with Intel's new 845D chipset entering the market.

/Copenhagen - P4 Willamette 1700MHz@2109 MHz, Vcore 1.75V@2.20V on Abit TH7II-RAID.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Supply and demand? Prices have always fluctuated. The previous low prices were due to a flooding of the market. I'm just glad I bought my 512MB of Crucial PC2100 for $62.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

eden

Champion
I know! It's a misery!
The 256DDR is reaching RDRAM and that is not good at all. I dunno what curse has befallen on it, but it betta lower down, cuz this is pissing me off! From 55$ to 119$, that's a HUGE difference in Canadian prices.
I decided to get 2x128 because it's less than a full 256 chip.

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

zack

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2001
Anyone know when the prices will fall again? or will they continue to rise??? I am pissed because I was planning on getting a crucial pc2100 512mb ram for less than $90 a few weeks ago, and I waited and tonight it's like $170 for a 512mb stick!!

I'm not complaining the price is high, because this would have costed over $1000 a little over a year ago, but im just pissed i could have got it for less than half what it is now.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Memory prices will always fluctuate. I doubt they'll get as good as they were though for a while. Those prices were too good to be true.

I remember back in the day trying to buy a 128MB stick of PC100 for $100 and when I went to the store it was over $300 due to an Earthquake near Taiwan.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>