Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Android netbook questions

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 5, 2011 3:55:24 PM

My little brother was wanting to get a netbook and ebay had listings for $100 android netbooks. His main use would be facebook and runescape. I was wondering if an android netbook can even run runescape.
a b D Laptop
July 6, 2011 3:19:26 AM

It will not run runescape, Android does not support flash. Which is critical to watching/running online games and videos.
July 6, 2011 3:29:42 AM

Huh? Android can run flash no problem. You must be thinking Ipad.... nevertheless you get what you pay for it. I would NEVER recommend to anyone buying something like a laptop for $100. It's a waste of money and you(your brother) will be only disappointed. Rather save a bit more and buy something he can actually use for 2-3 years.
Related resources
July 6, 2011 4:17:56 AM

Ok. We have a family desktop but he really just wants somethinng to play runescape and internet. Can you download java to android to play runescape?
July 6, 2011 4:41:14 AM

Why don't you link us what he wants to buy. Again though, I would say rather save up some more cash, and buy something decent that he can use in the future as well.
July 6, 2011 7:22:20 PM

Honestly I wouldn't buy that. It looks cheap and it's uses are really limited. You can get a refurbished netbook for around $200 (search the mayor manufacturer sites like hp, toshiba, dell and others for "refurbished"). These have a decent battery life, warranty and can be used to run other stuff too.
a b D Laptop
July 6, 2011 9:17:58 PM

Yeah... that netbook is slower then the average smartphone... 800 Mhz... that's... not good.
July 9, 2011 3:08:02 AM

true I will tell him that.

Best solution

a b Ë Android
a c 406 D Laptop
July 9, 2011 6:43:13 AM

The Android operating system does not support Java. Therefore, any games that requires Java will not run on an Android netbook. Such as Runescape.
October 9, 2011 4:48:44 PM

Best answer selected by usbgtx550.
!