Sign in with
Your question

OH NOO!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
January 5, 2002 3:12:46 PM

yesterday i built my first computer. it was running well, it posted and everything. only thing wrong was that the FSB was running at 100 instead of 133. well, i went into bios and set it for 132 (as high as it would go) then save and exit. it doesnt reboot. i clear CMOS and try again, nothing. hmm then i remember the email i got from the manufacturer telling me to change the dip switches so it runs at 133..... well looks like i f*cked something..... any chance i could get this working again, and if not, what parts do u think are damaged?

the MOBO is a soltek sl-75drv2 with an athlon xp 1700+

More about : noo

January 5, 2002 4:02:07 PM

i have the same cpu and motherboard and i set the jumbers before make it run and it is doing great with me

however, double check the jumber and go to bios and check each setting step by step with the book, and check bios version it should be 3.5 otherwise you need to update your bios.......i do not know why you cleared the cmos, now you have to make new settings for the cmos, if you can not do that then take it to the place where you bought from.

donot be afraid, nothing is damaged, you just messed up the setting........only make sure to check the 3 types of jumpers on the mb (the multiplier and vcore and fsb speed) and all of these are well detailed in the manual

wish if there was UnDo in the life
January 5, 2002 5:51:36 PM

Try resetting the CMOS again. Sometimes you have to be persistent to get things cleared. I have had to re-short my CMOS a few times. Didn`t always work the first time.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2002 8:23:27 PM

I also have the same mainboard with an XP1600+, and also had that same problem, to remedy it, I think I changed SW3 so that they were all down, check out page 26 of the manual.
!