BIOS Help

G

Okay, just putting a new system together. Abit KG-7 w/ an AMD 1.4 Tbird 266. 256 megs crucial DDR. When I try to boot the system, I get no signal to monitor. but it seems that the card is seated correctly. Also, the BIOS gives one long beep after another, which isn't what I got on my other Abit boards when no vid card was detected. I found nothing in the manual regarding the BIOS beep codes. It is a Phoenix BIOS, and I found online resources that list them, but as 1-1-2, 1-1-3, etc. I would guess that 1-1-2 means one long, one long, two short, but I don't know. If that's the case, I would describe the beeps that I'm getting as 1-1-1-1-1.... Anyone have any suggestions? Do I have some dead hardware? Any particular steps I should take? BTW, the vid card DOES work in a different system. Thanks for the input, I really need it.

G

Hmm.. it's brand new crucial ddr. I hope it's not dead :( The only other memory I have is 256 megs of crucial PC133. Is there anyway that I could use this stick as a tester? I placed the stick in DIMM4 (the furthest from the proc)as per instructions

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Try reseating the memory. Sometimes it just needs to be reinstalled in the slot.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink: