Please help me price this

Status
Not open for further replies.

lok3sh

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
I'm looking to buy a new Desktop computer and need to sell my laptop to fund it. Problem is I have NO idea how much I can get for my old laptop. Was wondering if someone could help me with an estimate as to how much I could ask for this laptop?

Its in very good cosmetic condition. The screen is perfect, the outside shell is also completely scratch free. The keys are perfect, and everything is in 100% working order. It has pretty much just been sitting on my desk for 1.5 years since is more of a replacement desktop than a laptop.

Its the HP HDX 18t. The specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53ghz

4GB DDR2 Ram

NVIDIA 9600M GT Video Card with 512MB onboard.

18" 1080p screen

Blu Ray Rom Drive

Backlit Keyboard

Multi Card Reader

Remote Control

2Mpix Webcam

HDMI, 4x USB, 1 eSata, VGA, Fire Wire, 2x Headphone Jacks, Mic

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

So was just wondering if anyone can help me price this for the used market?

Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Solution
You could easily sell this for 1,000 dollars.
If it as good as you said it is... Then, maybe even 1,100 dollars.

The problem is, the computer is outdated, that takes 100 dollars off the price, it is a discontinued product, some people will not know the reputation.

I'd aim to sell at at least 900 dollars.

It is not a very good gaming PC, which take's it down a lot, mainly because the rest of the specs are good enough for that kind of use...

I'd start off advertising it for 1k, then it is a bargain from there.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
You could easily sell this for 1,000 dollars.
If it as good as you said it is... Then, maybe even 1,100 dollars.

The problem is, the computer is outdated, that takes 100 dollars off the price, it is a discontinued product, some people will not know the reputation.

I'd aim to sell at at least 900 dollars.

It is not a very good gaming PC, which take's it down a lot, mainly because the rest of the specs are good enough for that kind of use...

I'd start off advertising it for 1k, then it is a bargain from there.

Solution

lok3sh

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Oh wow thats a decent enough price... Also forgot to mention, it has a fingerprint scanner and a 500gb 7,200rpm HDD.

If I get even $850 for it, that works for me! I just need to fund a new desktop :D

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.