athlon 1900 Xp question

G

i have a athlon 1900 XP and a soyo dragon mobo kt266a. when i goto bios i set the freq. to 133 and the cpu ratio to default. About after 10 minutes of game play i have tried different games also... it will freeze up. but then i goto bios and change it to 100 cpu freq. cpu ratio default No probs. but when it starts up it only says 1200 mhz is there anything i can do or check in bios to fix this?

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Lock ups can be caused by heat and games will make your system run hotter.
Do you have good case cooling? What is your PS?

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

G

i have a 300 watt PS with a volcanoe 6cu very loud fan. i was wondering could it be the Ram not working with the 133 settings?

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Maybe you are using too much agressive timings for your RAM, have you tried to apply BIOS defaults? If not, try this and put it back to 133Mhz. Also, wich OS are you using?

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Memory was going to be my next suggestion. Do you have it OC'd?

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

G

im using windows 98, i have set the settings back to default and it sets it to 100 one i change it to 133 i get wierd errors after awhile... like windows protection errors.

G

i was wrong about it freezing up in Just games... it has errors in games when its set to 133 like just random errors and even when im not playing games it has errors so its not just games.