Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gaming Laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
July 5, 2011 11:08:27 PM

I need a gaming laptop could you please recommend me one? ;3

1. What is your budget?

1000 Euros which is around 1400 Dollars

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Bigger than 16"

3. What screen resolution do you want?

720+

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Desktop replacement laptop


5. How much battery life do you need?

Doesnt matter

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Um idk new games i guess and High of course xD

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Ehh Gaming,chatting,anime,youtube stuff like that x3

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

500 or more

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

Long xD

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Doesnt matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Maybe a costum laptop?
The brand doesnt matter


13. What country do you live in?

Belguim

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

o.o

More about : gaming laptop

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
July 6, 2011 4:40:34 PM

MSI or Asus would be your best bet in europe, getting a sager might be problematic since it's a company based out in California, USA and I am not aware if they got service centers in europe. Chances are if you want a clevo case there's probably a company out in europe under a different name that makes custom laptops based on a clevo casings.

RE links: both Asus and MSI specs look good,(although MSI specs are a bit lacking)
July 6, 2011 5:09:37 PM

AntiZig said:
MSI or Asus would be your best bet in europe, getting a sager might be problematic since it's a company based out in California, USA and I am not aware if they got service centers in europe. Chances are if you want a clevo case there's probably a company out in europe under a different name that makes custom laptops based on a clevo casings.

RE links: both Asus and MSI specs look good,(although MSI specs are a bit lacking)


whats lacking?
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
July 6, 2011 7:34:37 PM

Well, let me explain what I've found on the amazon description.

It says: 1TB hard drive with Raid 0
why is it raid 0 if it's only 1 hard drive?

It says: 16GB DDR3 system memory
I'm not sure if that's true, I haven't seen any gaming laptops that need that much RAM, plus it doesn't list the speed that ram is working at.

There's also no info on what mobo this is all riding on.
July 6, 2011 8:11:34 PM

AntiZig said:
Well, let me explain what I've found on the amazon description.

It says: 1TB hard drive with Raid 0
why is it raid 0 if it's only 1 hard drive?

It says: 16GB DDR3 system memory
I'm not sure if that's true, I haven't seen any gaming laptops that need that much RAM, plus it doesn't list the speed that ram is working at.

There's also no info on what mobo this is all riding on.


Um its 500+500=1TB which explains the raid
And the 16GB part is true ive seen many reviews about it xD
I have no idea about the mobo tho
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
July 6, 2011 8:24:00 PM

alright, as long as you believe amazon, I personally don't.
a b D Laptop
July 6, 2011 9:16:49 PM



This is a great laptop, it is out of the budget that you listed, so, have you increased your budget? If you have, then I will probably be able to find something better then the G73 that I listed.
July 6, 2011 9:24:46 PM

hpfreak said:
This is a great laptop, it is out of the budget that you listed, so, have you increased your budget? If you have, then I will probably be able to find something better then the G73 that I listed.


Sorry. ;c
well i guess 100-200 dollars wont hurt xD
July 7, 2011 10:18:45 AM

hpfreak said:
This is a great laptop, it is out of the budget that you listed, so, have you increased your budget? If you have, then I will probably be able to find something better then the G73 that I listed.

srry for the double post again but should i buy that laptop or another one xD
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2011 4:06:45 PM

I hope you like the G74 ;) 
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2011 4:07:53 PM

ipervonyou said:
srry for the double post again but should i buy that laptop or another one xD


No problem! I sort have forgot about this thread (sorry!)
Luckily, Fry's (American Tech retailer) ships internationally, here is the ultimate laptop for 1400 Dollars.
I held it back because you'd have to pay extra for the shipping and taxes, but since your okay with paying a bit extra... you'll be fine: http://www.frys.com/product/6684004?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN...

:) 
This is the monster.
July 8, 2011 12:36:56 AM

hpfreak said:
No problem! I sort have forgot about this thread (sorry!)
Luckily, Fry's (American Tech retailer) ships internationally, here is the ultimate laptop for 1400 Dollars.
I held it back because you'd have to pay extra for the shipping and taxes, but since your okay with paying a bit extra... you'll be fine: http://www.frys.com/product/6684004?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN...

:) 
This is the monster.

wow nice find
beast graphics card o_o
how much for the shipping tho D;
a b D Laptop
July 8, 2011 2:37:17 AM

It depends on where you live. You can enter an address and see what they'll charge.
Ignore that shipping calculator, it is for US only... Just click checkout, then enter your billing info. credit card details, and address... then just hit next, review your order (it will show you your total) then just print out the details... and wait a while for the awesome laptop to arrive at your doorstep ;) 
July 8, 2011 3:51:30 AM

hpfreak said:
No problem! I sort have forgot about this thread (sorry!)
Luckily, Fry's (American Tech retailer) ships internationally, here is the ultimate laptop for 1400 Dollars.
I held it back because you'd have to pay extra for the shipping and taxes, but since your okay with paying a bit extra... you'll be fine: http://www.frys.com/product/6684004?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN...

:) 
This is the monster.


i find four flaws with that laptop. one, your paying for 8gb of ram you dont need. two, the hard drive is slow. 5400rpm drive is not worth its weight in gold. three, it says that the vram is 3 gb when the 560m has a max vram capacity of 1.5gb. so a little bit of false advertisement there. finally fourth, dont buy from fry's. they are horrible when it comes to customer service. i had a gpu go out on my old laptop and six months later they finally just give me a new laptop. it went to california and back twice after the first time they broke the screen and wouldnt pay for it and on top of that they would never answer or return phone calls. im not the only one that has problems with frys. many friends have had problems too.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-560M.48...

2630qm and a 560m 1300 base price.
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8170-clevo-p170hm-p-2971...
a b D Laptop
July 8, 2011 4:43:38 AM

I've never had issues with fry's.. But if it's true... Then that Sager laptop may be a better option.
July 8, 2011 10:49:48 AM

cbrunnem said:
i find four flaws with that laptop. one, your paying for 8gb of ram you dont need. two, the hard drive is slow. 5400rpm drive is not worth its weight in gold. three, it says that the vram is 3 gb when the 560m has a max vram capacity of 1.5gb. so a little bit of false advertisement there. finally fourth, dont buy from fry's. they are horrible when it comes to customer service. i had a gpu go out on my old laptop and six months later they finally just give me a new laptop. it went to california and back twice after the first time they broke the screen and wouldnt pay for it and on top of that they would never answer or return phone calls. im not the only one that has problems with frys. many friends have had problems too.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-560M.48...

2630qm and a 560m 1300 base price.
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8170-clevo-p170hm-p-2971...


Nooo not xoticpc it costs like 200 dollars just to ship it here
And i like like the MSI GT780R-012US better than the sager ;o
http://www.excaliberpc.com/605066/msi-gt780r-012us-17.3...
July 8, 2011 2:15:36 PM

ipervonyou said:
Nooo not xoticpc it costs like 200 dollars just to ship it here
And i like like the MSI GT780R-012US better than the sager ;o
http://www.excaliberpc.com/605066/msi-gt780r-012us-17.3...


im kinda confused now. you dont want the sager cause it will cost about 200 dollars to ship but your fine with the MSI that cost 1650 before shipping. especially when they both have the same gaming performance?

and wouldnt most places cost the same to ship?
July 8, 2011 9:17:43 PM

cbrunnem said:
im kinda confused now. you dont want the sager cause it will cost about 200 dollars to ship but your fine with the MSI that cost 1650 before shipping. especially when they both have the same gaming performance?

and wouldnt most places cost the same to ship?

im fine with the msi because its better <o<
and i live in belguim o .o
July 8, 2011 9:42:52 PM

ipervonyou said:
im fine with the msi because its better <o<
and i live in belguim o .o


thats a stretch. they both have the same components and the same gaming potential. sager has always been an extremely reputable brand with great customer service. just something to think about.
July 8, 2011 9:54:12 PM

cbrunnem said:
thats a stretch. they both have the same components and the same gaming potential. sager has always been an extremely reputable brand with great customer service. just something to think about.

Well steel series keybord
July 8, 2011 11:10:11 PM

ipervonyou said:
Well steel series keybord


buy what you want i am just trying to inform. If you want a prettier laptop then by all means by the msi but it will not be any faster in games then the Sager.
July 8, 2011 11:38:25 PM

cbrunnem said:
buy what you want i am just trying to inform. If you want a prettier laptop then by all means by the msi but it will not be any faster in games then the Sager.


ok ok look
lets say the laptops are the same
now what do i want a ugly laptop or a pretty one?
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
July 8, 2011 11:54:24 PM

haha, no if you got the cash to afford an msi with that hardware by all means man go for it, you have to like what you buying.

some people just have different definitions of "pretty laptop"
July 8, 2011 11:56:45 PM

AntiZig said:
haha, no if you got the cash to afford an msi with that hardware by all means man go for it, you have to like what you buying.

some people just have different definitions of "pretty laptop"


but i made a thread on this forum asking which one should i buyyy D;
i kinda like the msi and i wanted suggestions
a b D Laptop
July 9, 2011 12:31:26 AM

Okay... final say IPervOnYou...
Get the MSI. It is a great laptop. There are no cons, I originally though that there was too much RAM, but who knows, you may need to use it (doubt it).

If I were in your shoes, then I would have gotten the Asus G74 that I suggested. Mainly because I see them more as a brand you can depend more for gaming, mainly because that's the main purpose of their ROG laptops, MSI stretched it a bit.

I think both laptops would be great for gaming.

I like the MSI too :) 
July 9, 2011 1:57:15 AM

hpfreak said:
Okay... final say IPervOnYou...
Get the MSI. It is a great laptop. There are no cons, I originally though that there was too much RAM, but who knows, you may need to use it (doubt it).

If I were in your shoes, then I would have gotten the Asus G74 that I suggested. Mainly because I see them more as a brand you can depend more for gaming, mainly because that's the main purpose of their ROG laptops, MSI stretched it a bit.

I think both laptops would be great for gaming.

I like the MSI too :) 

kay thx for your replies x3
!