Status
Not open for further replies.

ipervonyou

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I need a gaming laptop could you please recommend me one? ;3

1. What is your budget?

1000 Euros which is around 1400 Dollars

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Bigger than 16"

3. What screen resolution do you want?

720+

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Desktop replacement laptop

5. How much battery life do you need?

Doesnt matter

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Um idk new games i guess and High of course xD

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Ehh Gaming,chatting,anime,youtube stuff like that x3

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

500 or more

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

Long xD

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Doesnt matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Maybe a costum laptop?
The brand doesnt matter

13. What country do you live in?

Belguim

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

o.o

MSI or Asus would be your best bet in europe, getting a sager might be problematic since it's a company based out in California, USA and I am not aware if they got service centers in europe. Chances are if you want a clevo case there's probably a company out in europe under a different name that makes custom laptops based on a clevo casings.

RE links: both Asus and MSI specs look good,(although MSI specs are a bit lacking)

ipervonyou

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

whats lacking?

Well, let me explain what I've found on the amazon description.

It says: 1TB hard drive with Raid 0
why is it raid 0 if it's only 1 hard drive?

It says: 16GB DDR3 system memory
I'm not sure if that's true, I haven't seen any gaming laptops that need that much RAM, plus it doesn't list the speed that ram is working at.

There's also no info on what mobo this is all riding on.

ipervonyou

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

Um its 500+500=1TB which explains the raid
And the 16GB part is true ive seen many reviews about it xD
I have no idea about the mobo tho

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

This is a great laptop, it is out of the budget that you listed, so, have you increased your budget? If you have, then I will probably be able to find something better then the G73 that I listed.

ipervonyou

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

Sorry. ;c
well i guess 100-200 dollars wont hurt xD

ipervonyou

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

srry for the double post again but should i buy that laptop or another one xD

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

No problem! I sort have forgot about this thread (sorry!)
Luckily, Fry's (American Tech retailer) ships internationally, here is the ultimate laptop for 1400 Dollars.
I held it back because you'd have to pay extra for the shipping and taxes, but since your okay with paying a bit extra... you'll be fine: http://www.frys.com/product/6684004?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

:)
This is the monster.

ipervonyou

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

wow nice find
beast graphics card o_o
how much for the shipping tho D;

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
It depends on where you live. You can enter an address and see what they'll charge.
Ignore that shipping calculator, it is for US only... Just click checkout, then enter your billing info. credit card details, and address... then just hit next, review your order (it will show you your total) then just print out the details... and wait a while for the awesome laptop to arrive at your doorstep ;)

cbrunnem

Distinguished

i find four flaws with that laptop. one, your paying for 8gb of ram you dont need. two, the hard drive is slow. 5400rpm drive is not worth its weight in gold. three, it says that the vram is 3 gb when the 560m has a max vram capacity of 1.5gb. so a little bit of false advertisement there. finally fourth, dont buy from fry's. they are horrible when it comes to customer service. i had a gpu go out on my old laptop and six months later they finally just give me a new laptop. it went to california and back twice after the first time they broke the screen and wouldnt pay for it and on top of that they would never answer or return phone calls. im not the only one that has problems with frys. many friends have had problems too.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-560M.48313.0.html

2630qm and a 560m 1300 base price.
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8170-clevo-p170hm-p-2971.html?wconfigure=yes

ipervonyou

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

Nooo not xoticpc it costs like 200 dollars just to ship it here
And i like like the MSI GT780R-012US better than the sager ;o
http://www.excaliberpc.com/605066/msi-gt780r-012us-17.3-steelseries-gaming.html#TabSpecification

cbrunnem

Distinguished

im kinda confused now. you dont want the sager cause it will cost about 200 dollars to ship but your fine with the MSI that cost 1650 before shipping. especially when they both have the same gaming performance?

and wouldnt most places cost the same to ship?

ipervonyou

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

im fine with the msi because its better <o<
and i live in belguim o .o

cbrunnem

Distinguished

thats a stretch. they both have the same components and the same gaming potential. sager has always been an extremely reputable brand with great customer service. just something to think about.

ipervonyou

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

Well steel series keybord

cbrunnem

Distinguished

buy what you want i am just trying to inform. If you want a prettier laptop then by all means by the msi but it will not be any faster in games then the Sager.

Status
Not open for further replies.