Tualatin 1200 on Abit VH6T

G

I recently got an Abit VH6T mobo and a Pentium (Tualatin) 1.2 Ghz /133 FSB CPU, and a 512MB PC133 RAM module (from Crucial technology). However, it seems that the CPU won't work on this mobo, even though Abit's website says it supports the FC-PGA2 CPU (and the manual does too). It is reported after the POST as a Tualatin 600 Mhz (66mhz @ 9x). THe multiplier is correct but it wants to run a 66mhz FSB. It is reporting all 512 MB of RAM and it's the only module I have installed. I get a message to press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup. If I continue, everything works fine (a bit slower than I would expect). When I go into setup, the correct setting has been saved (1200/133).

If someone else out there has a similar configuration, I'd like to hear if you got it working properly and how, or if you found some kind of bugaboo, or ???

I'm afraid the mobo might be faulty. Or the RAM could be I suppose, but in about 15 times I've heard of friends/coworkers getting RAM from CT I have never heard of someone getting a bad stick.

Feel free to send email to me if you like, khanricksteele@netscape.net

This is a safe mode on your motherboard.When you enter the bios go to the fsb settings tab. Advanced chipset page on my motherboard. Here you set the front side bus speeds. Set it to 133 fsb. Now press F10 to save and exit. Press Y and then press ENTER. You should be at 1200/133.

I aint signing nothing!!!

G

Here's an update. On a hunch, I tried setting the CPU type in Soft Menu to 900 Mhz (9.0 x 100 FSB), and it works! Still won't run at 133 FSB tho ~:-/

BTW rick_criswell I read your reply. I thought I had tried that and still I have the same basic problem, I only get a blank screen until I press RESET 4 times, or cut all power and turn it back on, and it says it's running at 600 Mhz again. (however the settings in the CMOS are saved).

Do you have the Abit VH6T also?