THG is AWESOME, but not immune to glitches

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
No one flame me for this, but THG made a typo in an images's subtitle on the following link in their Januaryt 7, 2001 Pentium 4 Northwood article.

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q1/020107/p42200-07.html

The label reads "An Athlon XP 200+ overclocked to 1850 MHz."

I am a die hard fan of THG, so this comment is meant in a constructive, helpful manner rather than a derogatory complaint. The point is this: I know THG is the absolute best comprehensive, relatively unbiased review staff ever; however, some troll who sees their mistake might think otherwise.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Where was the typo? They say AMD@1850, they have a screenshot of AMD@1850.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Hey Guys, BTW, I am not at all referring to AMD's 1st Socket 7 CPU series, the K5. AMD manufactured did indeed manufacture a 166MHz CPU labeled 200+, but it is a pure coincidence that AMD also produced an 1666MHz Athlon XP CPU labeled 2000+. Obviously, this coincidence interfered with message's meaning. Since I am new to forum posting, I will try to convey a clearer meaning in future messages. I do see where I may have failed to give adequate clarity describing the scenario in my original post so I'll give it another shot fellows:

1. Enter this link into your web browser.

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q1/020107/p42200-07.html

2. Scroll down to the last screenshot displaying info about the Athlon XP in the WINCPUID utility.

3. Observe the Screenshot's caption; it reads, "An Athlon XP 200+ overclocked to 1850 MHz."

Clearly, the caption should read "2000+" instead of "200+" Unless THG updates their article, I swear up & down; and guarantee that the caption reads "200+"

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
LoL.....im sure thats EXACTLY what they did svol....LoL

Whats it using, Radiotor cooled Liquid nitrogen cooling system ?? LoL

I think the K5 were more of a House Heater than the Original K7......btu not as much as the Cyrix 6x86 series of cips....heh

-MeTaL RoCkEr

My <font color=red>Z28</font color=red> can take your <font color=blue>P4</font color=blue> off the line!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Ahhh...
I was looking at the top of the page. Good catch.

BTW, to make a link, type in
<url=http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q1/020107/p42200-07.html>Click here to see my cool webpage!!!</url>

Just replace the <> with [].

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

svol

Champion
Didn't you know? THG has a very advanced lab with a cooler that cools almost to the ultimate lowest temp (O K = -273 C), it has a powerplant of its own, but that doesn't matter; the CPU produces so much heat that it helps to create power from steam.
They also build a special chipset which is able to give a VCore voltage of 1 kV (Yes, 1 <b>kilo</b>Volt), and they modded the CPU a little so it supports multipliers of 14x.

...But don't tell this further, because it is a little classified... :smile: ... :lol: .

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .