Sign in with
Your question

Laptop battery draining fast.

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 7, 2011 1:38:12 AM

I'm havin trouble with my laptop. Whenever i unplug the charger, it will say it has around 3 hours of battery life left, but it realy drains down to zero within 10 minutes. My power plan is set to power saver but it still drains realy fast. i have to have it connected to a charger all day to use it and this kinda defeats the purpose of the laptop... The laptop is a Fujitsu Lifebook T series.
July 7, 2011 1:59:57 AM

call the manufacture and see if the battery is still under warranty. your battery is prolly dead and needs to be replaced.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2011 2:33:31 AM

It's prolly misreading because you never let it fully discharge. In most Lithium ion based laptops, a complete discharge to "dead" recalibrates the charging circuitry which 1) should give you an accurate reading of time left and 2) optimizes charging rate so that it recharges your battery quickly tapering off as it gets closer to full thereby optimizing both charging rate and battery life.
m
l
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2011 2:37:24 AM

Fully discharging can permanently decrease the battery life.
m
l
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 10, 2012 4:58:03 AM

hpfreak is talking absolute nonsense. Most manufacturers of laptop batteries will recommend a residual discharge of the battery to calibrate it.

I am sick and tired of people trying to insert their 'opinion', when it isn't at all based on facts. It doesn't help anybody and you should probably feel bad, hpfreak.

P.s - HP products are really terrible.
m
l
!