Best Cloud GTD/Folder based Collaboration tool

Tags:
  • Cloud Computing
  • Collaboration
  • Business Computing
Last response: in Business Computing
May 27, 2012 4:26:41 PM

Hey Guys,
I have a client who is looking to manage projects AND share folders with their guys in the field/subcontractors. I have been looking at some GTD cloud offerings like basecamp....but everything is based on sharing individual files. I really want something where they can share an entire folder with subfolders on each project. I see that basecamp has the option of using CloudHQ to sync in this way....but is there a more integrated offering out there?

More about : cloud gtd folder based collaboration tool

May 27, 2012 5:53:35 PM

Hi :) 

Dropbox ?

All the best Brett :) 
May 27, 2012 9:34:13 PM

well....DropBox is only file sharing not project management. But there is also one huge drawback to DropBox and every other Cloud based file sync/backup program---NONE of them allow you to easily share folders with their desktop app.
With drop Box you can right click on a folder and share it....but it sends you to a webpage and requires more interaction than needed.
Related resources
September 18, 2013 8:13:37 AM

You should explore Clinked as it sounds like what you might be looking for.
Clinked's software all comes with it's SmartSync software where you can share a whole folder with other software users simply by right clicking on the folder and typing there name. It's as simple as that. It even saves the people you've recently/frequently shared with- so potentially you could share your folder in two clicks.
Clinked offers three main products- I would suggest the SmartDrive product. It's easy to use (especially with the SmartSync software) and has so much more than many other brands.

Have a look at http://clinked.com/site/clinked-smartdrive/ and see if it would suit your client's needs.
If you need any more help, I actually work at Clinked so feel free to private message me!

Ed