Updated to Win. Media Player 10, screensaver stopped working

Last response: in Computer Brands
October 8, 2004 7:47:33 PM

About the time I updated from WMP 9 to the latest version 10, my screensaver and power
management stopped working.

Also have the SP2 update.

What's the deal?

I am just using the standard Windows screensaver, set to come on after 11 min., but it
does not.

Apparently others have had this problem as well, but other than restoring back to WMP 9, I
haven't heard of any fixes.
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 7:47:34 PM

"2001YZFR1" <l.witwer@att.net> wrote in message

> About the time I updated from WMP 9 to the latest version 10, my
> screensaver and power
> management stopped working.
>
> Also have the SP2 update.
>
> What's the deal?
>

> I am just using the standard Windows screensaver, set to come on after
> 11 min., but it
> does not.
>
> Apparently others have had this problem as well, but other than
> restoring back to WMP 9, I
> haven't heard of any fixes.

Check Event Viewer logs for any services-related errors. If you have
applied any services tweaks, review them closely. Otherwise, WMP10
users report a lot of unhappiness with the update.

October 8, 2004 8:48:11 PM

2001YZFR1,
Open WMedia Plyr> TOOLS> Options> Player tab> Check box to allow screensaver.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"2001YZFR1" <l.witwer@att.net> wrote in message

> About the time I updated from WMP 9 to the latest version 10, my
> screensaver and power
> management stopped working.
>
> Also have the SP2 update.
>
> What's the deal?
>

> I am just using the standard Windows screensaver, set to come on after
> 11 min., but it
> does not.
>
> Apparently others have had this problem as well, but other than
> restoring back to WMP 9, I
> haven't heard of any fixes.
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 8:27:11 PM

"RRR_News" <nospam@isp.com> wrote:

>2001YZFR1,
>Open WMedia Plyr> TOOLS> Options> Player tab> Check box to allow screensaver.

Thanks, did this, and also upgraded my video card drivers (ATI 9800 Radeon Pro) as
pointed out by someone else, which I'll admit did not even occur to me to do.......

Working fine now.

Had to reset the Monitor Power scheme in Settings/Control
Panel/Display/Screensaver/Monitor Power back to 45 min, as installing the drivers had put
the time to power down monitor as 'Never'.
!