Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Computers
  • Clean Install
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
February 15, 2013 12:04:54 AM

Hi all,

My computer is running Win7 Home Premium, can i use Win7 Professional full version to upgrade my OS? i don't want to do a clean install.

Please advise!

Alino

More about : upgrade win7 home premium win7 pro

February 15, 2013 12:13:40 AM

alino1 said:
Hi all,

My computer is running Win7 Home Premium, can i use Win7 Professional full version to upgrade my OS? i don't want to do a clean install.

Please advise!

Alino

I'm pretty sure you can download a digital upgrade for something like 30$ from Microsoft, and use microsoft upgrade.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 15, 2013 12:46:04 AM

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/products/fe...
As per above, it's automatic though it may cost $90 or so.

*However, if you already have a disc then it's likely you can use that to upgrade.

Do you ALREADY have a Windows 7 Pro disc?

(I ask because it's a WASTE of money to buy one to upgrade your system, but it's very ODD that you would have one already.. )
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2013 12:56:00 AM

Yes i already have Win7 Pro disc
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 15, 2013 2:18:10 AM

alino1 said:
Yes i already have Win7 Pro disc

Okay, assuming your disc is:
a) legal, and
b) same bit version (i.e. 64-bit Pro upgrading 64-bit Premium)

I'm guessing you can simply do this:
1) Insert the DVD
2) Follow the UPGRADE path

*Basically it will allow you to upgrade or it won't. I could find NO information on people doing it this way. Unless you have a REASON to upgrade it might be better to just SELL the it while people still want Windows 7 Pro.

Is this an OEM copy (cheaper packaging, will say "OEM" somewhere) or is it a full copy purchased in a store?
m
l
October 30, 2013 2:23:51 PM

austing said:
alino1 said:
Hi all,

Please advise!

Alino

I'm pretty sure you can download a digital upgrade for something like 30$ from Microsoft, and use microsoft upgrade.

...is that for the online Windows "Anytime" upgrade through Microsoft?

Most of what I am seeing in online stores are prices anywhere from 139$ - 289$ for a Home Premium to Pro upgrade kit which are higher than either the full Win7Pro (which would require wiping the drive and performing a clean install) or Win8 update.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 31, 2013 2:29:13 AM

kyotokid,
Check the dates. This is dead.
m
l
!