AMD is for POOR people

dhlucke

Polypheme
This is my favorite line of the week. I've seen 2 people use this argument. ROFL

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I've never owned an amd uP in my life. I've been close a couple of times, but always found a good solid Intel setup. But I have read numerous posts of people who have managed to fry their amd uP during installation, probably due to an incorrectly seated heatsink. A lot of DIY's (mostly poor people on a budget) choose amd due to low price, but actually Intel uP is the perfect DIY. It wont let you down, ever.

<b>Copenhagen</b>

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

FatBurger

Illustrious
BTW, what is a(n) "uP"? I wondered that when I first saw it.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

dhlucke

Polypheme
True, true, as always was, amd is for poor, like me, Intel is for average and above, like me too, hehe...

<b>Blah</b>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Sorry, I realized that. I meant I was wondering where he got that from. I've never seen "uP" used to signify a CPU.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

it's common among engineers and scientists to use the greek letter mu as an abreviation for micro, unfortunately mu is not part of the ASCII set. Some people substitute a small u.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Right, the µ sign. Thanks, that makes sense.

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Oh phew.. I looked at this post to call you an idiot but I'm glad you don't seriously think that AMD is for poor people.
Whoever the people are that say that are both ignorant and need higher taxes (to appreciate the great things in life that come cheaply). Eh, once AMD gains enough market they will also take advantage of us like intel has for years.

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
""Eh, once AMD gains enough market they will also take advantage of us like intel has for years.
""

Little thought about it: when AT&T lost their monopoly and MCI and Sprint gained more and more market share, phone rates went way, way, way down from all sides. So, I think this will be the same, but who knows, right? (not me at least, hehe)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

sandain

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
A lot of DIY's (mostly poor people on a budget)
Pfft. DIYs are not necessarily poor, just smarter. ;) We don't take the corporate bullshit word for word, we prefer hard facts. We love getting our hands dirty and the pleasure of saying “I made this.” We can do just as good at building a product as corporate America, and in many cases we can do better. Anarchists, Libertarians, and punks all have the same views toward government, we can govern ourselves better. That is why I believe most of the people in this forum are libertarian at heart, even if they don’t know it yet. ;)

Sandain

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
yes-
but most ignorant people see "getting our hands dirty" as white trash, thus we're poor. no offense towards ignorant people and i am white trash so i can say anything i want about them :tongue:

[insert philosophical statement here]

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
Im ignorant and white trash, so whats to do next? I know lets build a rich man a poor mans system and watch him pee his pants in amazment :)

Crap, all the good ones are already taken.

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
I know quite a few rich people who build AMD's......

I also know a FFM who build AMD systems and call them the Poor Mans Pentium.....

I know a stubborn/ignorant guy who refusea to build AMD systems JUST BECAUSE it's not INTEL....not only that, this same guy said to me "If it doesnt say Intel OR Asus on it, I don't trust ti and will never buy it, I wont even touch them with someone elses dick" That's quoted from the guy who will eb left nameless........talk about being stubborn eh? LoL

-MeTaL RoCkEr

My <font color=red>Z28</font color=red> can take your <font color=blue>P4</font color=blue> off the line!

Copenhagen

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
<blockquote><font size=1>Svar på:</font><hr><p>I know a rich guy who builds his own AMD systems...<p><hr></blockquote><p>Oh!, then maybe he's one of the <i>blithering morons</i> Matisaro talked about ?

/Copenhagen - P4 Willamette 1700MHz@2109 MHz, Vcore 1.75V@2.20V on Abit TH7II-RAID.

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
How do you figure that ??!??

Does that mean your a <i>blithering moron</i> becasue you baught the more expensive, much inferior Pentium 4 Willy system ? Like common man, grow up....

-MeTaL RoCkEr

My <font color=red>Z28</font color=red> can take your <font color=blue>P4</font color=blue> off the line!

Copenhagen

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
<blockquote><font size=1>Svar på:</font><hr><p>Does that mean your a blithering moron becasue you baught the more expensive, much inferior Pentium 4 Willy system ?<p><hr></blockquote><p>I can't complain about the performance of my little Willy on the "Northwood ready" overclockers dream of a mobo; at least not for the time being.

/Copenhagen - P4 Willamette 1700MHz@2109 MHz, Vcore 1.75V@2.20V on Abit TH7II-RAID.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hehehhehhehehehehhehehe, bevis...
theres a part of cincinnati known as bevis and i have a whole bunch of friends that live in bevis!!! hee hee

eh, i'll procrastinate later...

Phelk

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2001
Poor people buy Athlons, stupid ones buy Celeron.

Hmmm... I'm writing this on a C433...DOH!

<font color=blue> Smoke me a Chip'er ... I'll be back in the Morgan </font color=blue> :eek:

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
I know quite a few rich people who build AMD's....
Heh...I wouldn't say I'm rich at the moment, but I didn't put my Athlon with a 10-drive SCSI RAID50 by being poor. :wink:

<i>If a server crashes in a server farm and no one pings it, does it still cost four figures to fix?

G

along that line of logic.... if you buy a ford/honda/chevy you are a poor person??

besides what kind of insult is "AMD is for poor people"... Its a better, faster, more stable chip with superior architecture and real world pricing. Not the result of a bloated monopolizer....

even the wise can not see all the hands

TRENDING THREADS