BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
Could any one tell me if it is worth the extra money for me to upgrade my AMP1400 to a AMD 1900 XP for normal computing. Wil I see a difference in the speed (which is 200) or performance. I am running XPHome. Bruce

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
is it worth upgrading, well it depends on what you plan on doing, but hell, if i had the extra cash and didn't have a urge to buy something else for my puter then a new cpu would be it. will ya feel that much of a difference, no if you dont do anything that uses your cpu (a lot of people that have fast cpu's dont use it) but if your a hardcore gamer or encoder or whatnot, you just might feel the difference you were looking for

didnt have one of em electronic pens so ill just type my name,<i>CoOoLMaNX</i>

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I am not a hard core gamer, my favorite game is wolfenstien but I don't thing it will play on winxp. I really don't stress a pc out, the hardest thing I do is burn CD's Bruce

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
It's not realy worth it in general for so little a performance upgrade. You've got a few years left of general use, word processing, cd-burning, and even some non-intensive games ahead in that computer.

Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
Get them posts a goin'
My fingers are swullen
Rawhide!