Using a LinkSys Wireless-G Expander with my Micorsoft 700 ..

My kitchen laptop is in a bad location and repeatedly
shows a low signal. I purchased a LinkSys Wireless-G "
Range Expander" to boost the signal from the Router to
the Laptop.

The salesman at Best Buy said it would work with the
Microsoft Wireless Network. I'd like to get some input
before I open the expander and waist lots of time.

Anyone dealing with the same situation?

Will the expander work?

Jim K.
2 answers Last reply
More about using linksys wireless expander micorsoft

    The MN700 does not support WDS. The Linksys Wireless G Expander won't work
    with the MN700.

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Jim K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My kitchen laptop is in a bad location and repeatedly
    > shows a low signal. I purchased a LinkSys Wireless-G "
    > Range Expander" to boost the signal from the Router to
    > the Laptop.
    >
    > The salesman at Best Buy said it would work with the
    > Microsoft Wireless Network. I'd like to get some input
    > before I open the expander and waist lots of time.
    >
    > Anyone dealing with the same situation?
    >
    > Will the expander work?
    >
    > Jim K.

    I stepped int he same hole. CompUSA said it would work,
    when it didn't, Linksys informed me that their exapnder
    will only work with Linksys products.

    >Val

Routers Wireless Laptops Linksys Microsoft Networking