Unlocking AMD MP Chips

G

after reading up on the unlocking/overclocking stories, I havn't seen anybody yet that has unlocked an MP chip

would there be any problems in doing this, i own 2 1500+ chip running on a tyan tiger mp s2460 so OCing wont be a prob if i can unlock the multipyers

If somebody has done this Id really like to here back

With MP chips nearly double XPs in Australia i dont want to stuff it

Sorry if my experience does not extend this far and im wasting your time

thanks

G

Like Mat said, the MPs are factory unlocked. Not sure however, if your motherboard (or any AMP board) will allow mulitplier adjustments. Doubt it...

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

scwarner

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002
Yes they are unlocked already but i was wondering if you changed the multiplier on them? If you have could you post the outcome?
Below is a url for settings.
<A HREF="http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/xp_painting.html" target="_new">http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/xp_painting.html</A>

"Intel people buy their computers to learn. AMD people build theirs because they already have."

G

Thanks ALL for the advice, at present i cant adjust the multiplier - but the system bios is asking for a supivisor password which i hope to get of my supplier who in installed the ships origiinally

Failing that i guess ill just have to be content, bit of a bummer got oll excited thinking of an extra 250 mhz

OT : anybody know of any patches to boost optim in graphics/multimedia editing packages ? using PS-5.5 Illust 9.02 FH-10.0 Director 8.5 fW-4 and UD - 4

at present I can only get about 60-70% usage MAX

Other hardware comp - 1gb DDRram Oxygen VX1 32mb - 256mb texture store ( Creative SB Digital Entertainment ? )

Also 2X 40 GB hardrives ( 100ATA 7200rpm )with 10-15 gb scratch

I have a extra 1 gb stick on order at the moment

My average PS file is 600mb plus

fW is only about 3-4mb but is slower than ps ?