Need Help With New Components! Serious Errors

G

Hello, I have upgraded my aging P3 450 Computer with the following parts

- Aopen MX400 64mb AGP
- SB Audigy
- 40gb WD 7200rpm & 20gb Fujitsu 5400rpm
- HEC 300watt AMD - P4 approved Power Supply

I run Windows Xp. It seems that when i play games, my computer RE STARTS itself after playing for 5-10 minutes. This happens every time i play games.
I have tried older nvidia drivers and the latest, both remained locking my system

I made sure the IRQ's for my Ethernet/ soundcard/ video card are all different.

I also have problems with my CD ROms.. burning doesnt really work, especially with Bin/Cues and reading cd's off my burner is screwed and reading off my CD ROM is not 100% (it stutters, like speeds up, then slows down... like revving a car to Redline then hanging at idle for a while, then revving back, like every 5 seconds this interval occurs)

I did a fresh format with WinXP and soon after numerous crashes in games, i get a "SERIOUS ERROR" message every time i turn the computer back on. ill get the exact code of that ERROR message and post it up.

im thinking my motherboard might be screwed up. i dont know what else to do. i dont wanna have to buy a new M/B and CPU and RAM cause that will cost a bit of $$.

If you could help in any way, please do, thanks!
If anyone could

G

EVERY TIME i start my computer i get this SERIOUS ERROR RECOVERY message:

The system has recovered from a serious error.

Error Signature
BCCode : d1 BCP1 : FC8D96E6 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : FC375634 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011102-05.dmp
E:\DOCUME~1\Andrew\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
What motherboard are you using?

If your motherboard has a Via chipset then make sure you uninstall any old Via drivers before loading the new ones. You can actually use the new installer to do this just click on the Uninstall option for each component. Don't reboot when prompted. Run the installer a second time and let the components load. Don't forget to select Turbo mode for the AGP driver. This method will give you a clean install of the Via drivers. (Assuming you need them for your motherboard).

I read a few claims that the 23.11 Detonators have been causing spontaneous reboots. I got them as well but I had just installed a new mobo and wasn't sure what was the cause. Still, I haven't had any spontaneous reboots since going back to 21.81.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>