Downloading Games

byomes

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Hi everyone,
I've been torrenting games since who knows when, but never thought about the well-being of my computer. I recently finished my build last month and haven't installed any cracked games. I was just wondering if these torrented games compromise the security + health of my pc?

larrym

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Buy the game and you won't have to worry about it. Tom's does not support pirating. And yes, they will compromise security, health of your pc, and not to mention the future of gaming we all love.

4745454b

Titan
Yes. Toms doesn't support piracy so expect this thread to get locked fast.

Without looking HARD at each torrent/game/.exe its impossible to say yes. I for one don't do this anymore. First, the risk is to high that something bad is in there. Not only a normal virus, but a rootkit is hard to find and remove. Second, with Steam why bother? (Yes, and amazon and D2D) Game downloads are cheap to buy. They support the game makers. And you don't need to worry about virus, breaking/losing disks, etc. Digital distribution is the way to go.

vanmeter19

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
my 2 cents

scan you PC for viruses and the such, if it ant in there now then i think you'll be fine as long as don't torrent any thing new. its like Russian roulette ehh its going to happen if you keep playing.

TRENDING THREADS