Sign in with
Your question

Help with new system!

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 12, 2002 5:25:57 AM

Build new system last night, and tested for three hours. Everything worked fine, installed Windows XP, downloaded new drivers, installed a few games, everything seemed fine. After three hours, I turned the computer off, and went to bed. Now when I turn it on, it turns itself off again after about 2 seconds. It beeps one time, and goes off. Any suggestions? I don´t have spare parts, to test with, what should I do, what is the most likely cause of this problem?

The power seems to be working, the fan on the motherboard is running, and all the drives are spinning, and the CPU fan is also working fine. I havn´t changed anything inside the mashine since I first booted, and installed Windows. Sure I´ve had to change drivers and such, but it worked just fine after that. It ran for 3 hours last night, and was booted about 15 times.

My system specs:

Athlon XP 1600+
Soltek SL-75DRV2
256MB PC2100
Volcano 7 Cooler, running at about 35c
300W Power Sup. running at about 28c
Windows XP

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Big_Daddy_XP on 01/12/02 02:34 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : system

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 12, 2002 11:01:09 AM

I´ve taken the cooler off and checked the CPU, all is fine. I´ve tried placing the RAM in other slots, but nothing changes. I´ve made sure the video-card is firmly seated in the slot, and I´ve checked all cables and switches on the board.

It only makes a single short beep after about 2 seconds, then the power goes off. Is this an error-code, or does the power go off before I can hear the rest of the error-code? I´ve looked in the manual, but there´s no troubleshooting anywhere...

I really need some help here!!!
January 12, 2002 12:38:17 PM

Reset the BIOS and see if that helps.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:  .
!