Any intel CPU testing programs out there?

Galvin

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There will be a lot of overclocking going on with these P4 northwoods in the months ahead thanks to these mainboards that allow you to change FSB without bringing the PCI/AGP out of spec.

But there also must be some sort of CPU testing software, just running quake3 for an hour I doubt classifies your overclocked cpu truely tested.

The testing software needs to test every single instruction on the CPU. MMX,MMX2,SSE,SSE2,FPU,INT.

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
try prime 95 and i try running 3dmark at i forgot which resolution but im pretty sure at some resolution it's really using your cpu. also i believe sisoft has a burn in wizard and there are many more which i cant come to think of.

didnt have one of em electronic pens so ill just type my name,<i>CoOoLMaNX</i>

Galvin

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I found a test program, but I don't know how much it will cost. It's called toolstar. It tests out all the instruction sets MMX,MMX2,SSE,SSE2,FPU,INT. But it may cost a fortune, won't know till monday since they don't have pricing on their website.

Galvin

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can download it, but the demo is very limited. It tests out far more than just the cpu, it tests everything.
Companies such as Dell use this software. it costs $399

TRENDING THREADS