So I just moved to Canada for work and am looking to invest in a laptop used for gaming, watching movies on business trips, etc. I will be traveling a fair amount so I'd rather not invest in a desktop, but do not mind a bigger, heavier laptop.
1) What is your budget?
Ideally, after taxes, I'd like to keep it under 1400.
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
3) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
I will be taking it with me when I travel.
4) Where will you buying this notebook?
Buying in Canada.
6) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
7) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
I will be primarily gaming with this laptop, as well as watching movies.
8) Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I’d like to play Starcraft II on higher settings, ES: Skyrim on high settings when it comes out in November (I know system reqs haven't been released yet). To be honest, the most power I can get for the price.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Not much battery life needed - maybe an hour or two.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Online is ok.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
12) When are you buying this laptop?
13) If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I am open to any sites. The ones I have searched already are newegg.ca, ncix, and xoticpc.
14) Additional Information
Quad core would be nice, but I realize that can be a little overkill for most games. I am looking for a computer I can hang on to for a few years.
15) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
Full HD would be nice. 1920x1080 is good. I am flexible though.
16) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
17) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
Not as much as performance.
18) How long do you want this laptop to last? How long do you want to keep your laptop?
19) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
320 GB is good. I have an external I can also use.
20) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
Blu-Ray would be nice if it is in the budget, but I am fine with a standard CD/DVD-ROM drive.
Hey if you would consider going a little bit more pricy a extremly good gaming laptop is the alienware M17x and it has a 6.5 hour battery life, full 3D hd display and 2nd g intel i7 prossesor check it out on their website... To keep the price down you could get one that was refurbished possibly.