Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Lead My Legends (Heroes of Battle Q)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 11:08:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

I probably won't have a chance to check out HoB for a few days, perhaps
a week, and all other discussion on its prestige classes seem focused
on the other two PrCs in the book, but I'm rather interested in
Legendary Leader.

Is it a 5-level class or a 10?

What are it's class features?

What's its flavor?

Who would best benefit from it (Paladin and Bard seem obvious, but a
bit more information'd be nice).

TIA

Aaron "The Mad Whitaker" Bourque; I do plan to buy the book on merit of
the teamwork benefits alone, but like I said, not for a few days. Or a
week.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 5:56:46 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Aaron F. Bourque <aaronbourque@aol.com> writes
>I probably won't have a chance to check out HoB for a few days, perhaps
>a week, and all other discussion on its prestige classes seem focused
>on the other two PrCs in the book, but I'm rather interested in
>Legendary Leader.
>
>Is it a 5-level class or a 10?

5

>What are it's class features?

Fearless, Hero's Luck, Natural Commander, Legendary Reputation, Greater
Command, Quick Rally, [bonus feat], Heroic Success, Additional Commander
Aura, To Hell and Back

>What's its flavor?

A highly charismatic leader of, well, legendary repute.

>Who would best benefit from it (Paladin and Bard seem obvious, but a
>bit more information'd be nice).

Some key phrases:

"Members of this class represent not only the knight in shining armour
atop the battlefield hill, but also the cunning prince of thieves
leading his own guild and the swashbuckling privateer captain with his
hand-picked crew."

"Any character with an above-average Cha score can enter the legendary
leader prestige class..."

"...they gain abilities that help them perform deeds worthy of the songs
of bards. The confidence a legendary leader exudes is manifested in the
loyalty of his allies."

"As a legendary leader, you have many followers who look up to you and
follow your example. As a result, you must always strive to maintain
that ideal."

"Legendary leaders do not so much as belong to an organisation as they
begin an organisation."

--
Ian R Malcomson
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 7:06:46 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Ian R Malcomson wrote:
> Aaron F. Bourque <aaronbourque@aol.com> writes
> >I probably won't have a chance to check out HoB for a few days,
perhaps
> >a week, and all other discussion on its prestige classes seem
focused
> >on the other two PrCs in the book, but I'm rather interested in
> >Legendary Leader.
> >
> >Is it a 5-level class or a 10?
>
> 5
>
> >What are it's class features?
>
> Fearless, Hero's Luck, Natural Commander, Legendary Reputation,
Greater
> Command, Quick Rally, [bonus feat], Heroic Success, Additional
Commander
> Aura, To Hell and Back

Wow, that . . . seems like a lot of class features for a 5-level class.

> >Who would best benefit from it (Paladin and Bard seem obvious, but a
> >bit more information'd be nice).
>
> Some key phrases:
>
> "Members of this class represent not only the knight in shining
armour
> atop the battlefield hill, but also the cunning prince of thieves
> leading his own guild and the swashbuckling privateer captain with
his
> hand-picked crew."
>
> "Any character with an above-average Cha score can enter the
legendary
> leader prestige class..."
>
> "...they gain abilities that help them perform deeds worthy of the
songs
> of bards. The confidence a legendary leader exudes is manifested in
the
> loyalty of his allies."
>
> "As a legendary leader, you have many followers who look up to you
and
> follow your example. As a result, you must always strive to maintain

> that ideal."
>
> "Legendary leaders do not so much as belong to an organisation as
they
> begin an organisation."

Ah, good. I have a character I've been meaning to play who would be a
good fit for this class.

Aaron "The Mad Whitaker" Bourque
Related resources
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 9:53:22 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Aaron F. Bourque wrote:
> I have a character I've been meaning to play who would be a
> good fit for this class.

And of course I forget the obvious question: What's the prereqs?

Aaron "The Mad Whitaker" Bourque
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 1:24:13 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

On 23 May 2005 03:06:46 -0700, "Aaron F. Bourque" <aaronbourque@aol.com>
scribed into the ether:

>Ian R Malcomson wrote:
>> Aaron F. Bourque <aaronbourque@aol.com> writes
>> >I probably won't have a chance to check out HoB for a few days,
>perhaps
>> >a week, and all other discussion on its prestige classes seem
>focused
>> >on the other two PrCs in the book, but I'm rather interested in
>> >Legendary Leader.
>> >
>> >Is it a 5-level class or a 10?
>>
>> 5
>>
>> >What are it's class features?
>>
>> Fearless, Hero's Luck, Natural Commander, Legendary Reputation,
>Greater
>> Command, Quick Rally, [bonus feat], Heroic Success, Additional
>Commander
>> Aura, To Hell and Back
>
>Wow, that . . . seems like a lot of class features for a 5-level class.

From the description below, it sounds like the PrC requirements to get in
would be pretty hefty. Has there ever been an official PrC where even the
best suited and created-to-be-the-PrC characters (leaving out things like a
Wizard/Blackguard taking an age to get the needed BAB) would take 10-12
levels just to qualify?

>> >Who would best benefit from it (Paladin and Bard seem obvious, but a
>> >bit more information'd be nice).
>>
>> Some key phrases:
>>
>> "Members of this class represent not only the knight in shining
>>armour atop the battlefield hill, but also the cunning prince of thieves
>> leading his own guild and the swashbuckling privateer captain with
>>his hand-picked crew."
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 2:27:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
>Has there ever been an official PrC where even the
>best suited and created-to-be-the-PrC characters (leaving out things like a
>Wizard/Blackguard taking an age to get the needed BAB) would take 10-12
>levels just to qualify?

At least three, as I recall: Contemplative (at least, the Defenders of the
Faith one), Fochlucan Lyrist, and Sublime Chord all have a prerequisite
of "13 ranks in X" (Knowledge: Religion, Perform, and Spellcraft, IIRC),
so one can't take any of those until at least 11th level.

Argent (something), the Force-wielding PrC from Complete Arcane, also
requires level 10 for its prereqs, unless I'm misremembering.

Divine Crusader (Complete Divine) has a BAB requirement of +7, and
at least one of the wild shape classes requires a BAB of +5, which,
coupled with Wild Shape (Druid 5, with its BAB +3), also imposes a
minimum character level of 7....

Donald
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 4:56:41 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

In message <1116852802.917276.140010@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Aaron F. Bourque <aaronbourque@aol.com> writes
>Aaron F. Bourque wrote:
>> I have a character I've been meaning to play who would be a
>> good fit for this class.
>
>And of course I forget the obvious question: What's the prereqs?

Iron Will, Leadership, base Leadership score 7+

--
Ian R Malcomson
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 5:50:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Ian R Malcomson <ian@domicus.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>And of course I forget the obvious question: What's the prereqs?
>
>Iron Will, Leadership, base Leadership score 7+

So you could definitely fulfill the prerequisites by the time you
took the Leadership feat, as long as your Charisma was above-average.

Seems like lame design to me. At least they could have required
"10 ranks in Intimidation, Perform: Oratory, or Diplomacy" or similar...

Donald
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:21:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Ian R Malcomson wrote:
> In message <1116852802.917276.140010@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> Aaron F. Bourque <aaronbourque@aol.com> writes
> >Aaron F. Bourque wrote:
> >> I have a character I've been meaning to play who would be a
> >> good fit for this class.
> >
> >And of course I forget the obvious question: What's the prereqs?
>
> Iron Will, Leadership, base Leadership score 7+

Wow, that's it?

Aside from Iron Will, I do *indeed* have a character who would be a
good fit for this class.

Aaron "The Mad Whitaker" Bourque; and I don't really mind Iron
Will--fighter/rogues have horrid Will saves anyway . . .
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:06:24 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu wrote:

> >>And of course I forget the obvious question: What's the prereqs?
> >
> >Iron Will, Leadership, base Leadership score 7+
>
> So you could definitely fulfill the prerequisites by the time you
> took the Leadership feat, as long as your Charisma was above-average.
>
> Seems like lame design to me. At least they could have required
> "10 ranks in Intimidation, Perform: Oratory, or Diplomacy" or similar...

Why are you assuming they didn't want the class to be taken right after
6th level?


--
Jasin Zujovic
jzujovic@inet.hr
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:06:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Jasin Zujovic <jzujovic@inet.hr> wrote:
>> >>And of course I forget the obvious question: What's the prereqs?
>> >
>> >Iron Will, Leadership, base Leadership score 7+
>>
>> So you could definitely fulfill the prerequisites by the time you
>> took the Leadership feat, as long as your Charisma was above-average.
>>
>> Seems like lame design to me. At least they could have required
>> "10 ranks in Intimidation, Perform: Oratory, or Diplomacy" or similar...
>
>Why are you assuming they didn't want the class to be taken right after
>6th level?

*At* 6th level, since you get to take your level-based feat before
your class (right?). Given the benefits, it seems likely to be kinda
munchkin to be finishable by 10th.

Donald
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 10:38:00 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Donald Tsang wrote:
> Jasin Zujovic <jzujovic@inet.hr> wrote:
>
>> Why are you assuming they didn't want the class to be taken right after
>> 6th level?
>
> *At* 6th level, since you get to take your level-based feat before
> your class (right?).

Absolutely not. You cannot, for instance, take a feat at 6th level which
qualifies you for a prestige class you enter that same level. Same with skill
ranks.

First choice you always make is what class to advance. That lets you know about
hit dice, skill points, bonus feats, blah blah blah.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you
understand?
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/prestigec...
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/templatel...

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked,
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to
danger. It works the same in any country.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 10:13:59 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Christopher Adams <mhacdebhandia@yahoo.invalid> writes
>Donald Tsang wrote:
>> Jasin Zujovic <jzujovic@inet.hr> wrote:
>>
>>> Why are you assuming they didn't want the class to be taken right after
>>> 6th level?
>>
>> *At* 6th level, since you get to take your level-based feat before
>> your class (right?).
>
>Absolutely not. You cannot, for instance, take a feat at 6th level which
>qualifies you for a prestige class you enter that same level. Same with skill
>ranks.
>
>First choice you always make is what class to advance. That lets you
>know about
>hit dice, skill points, bonus feats, blah blah blah.

Exactly. And from the fluff and descriptive text surrounding the LL,
the designers seem to have arrowed towards a PC taking the class at 7th,
if ever at all.

--
Ian R Malcomson
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"
!