Lexmark printer and networking.

I bought the model Z515 and it works fine hooked up to my 2400, but I
cannot use it through my wireless network. I installed the drivers on my
2650 laptop,with no results.
I have Windows search for the printer with no results. I had a Hp
printer before and it installed with no problem. Any suggestions no what
to do now?
Thanks
Docfl

Turn your Firewall off on both computers and try set it up...if you have
norton security...then open it up...Double click on PERSONAL FIREWALL THEN
NETWORKING TAB...then WIZARD at the bottom...let it find your network
setting...it should work fine after that if you do this on ALL computers.
Gary

"docfl" <docfl@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>I bought the model Z515 and it works fine hooked up to my 2400, but I
>cannot use it through my wireless network. I installed the drivers on my
>2650 laptop,with no results.
> I have Windows search for the printer with no results. I had a Hp printer
> before and it installed with no problem. Any suggestions no what to do
> now?
> Thanks
> Docfl

I've never really got my head around home networking where a firewall's
involved but don't you have to "share" the printer before anything else on
the network can see it?

Adam Frankel wrote:
> "docfl" <docfl@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>I bought the model Z515 and it works fine hooked up to my 2400, but I
>>cannot use it through my wireless network. I installed the drivers on my
>>2650 laptop,with no results.
>>I have Windows search for the printer with no results. I had a Hp printer
>>before and it installed with no problem. Any suggestions no what to do
>>now?
>>Thanks
>>Docfl
>

> I've never really got my head around home networking where a firewall's
> involved but don't you have to "share" the printer before anything else on
> the network can see it?

DOAH!!!!
That did it , I shared the printer and away I went. I also disabled my
firewall (Zone Alarm) but then I had to do that with my HP as well.
Thanks for the help people.
Don Stice