POSE 3.5 and Palm Zire

April 10, 2005 3:37:32 PM

Hi

I have created a ROM image from my Palm Zire (m150, runs OS 4.1) and
tried to load it in POSE 3.5, but it say "This ROM is not for a device
supported by this version of the emulator"...

I have also created images from my Palm IIIc with both OS 3.53 and OS
4.1, and there were no problems.

What is the problem with Palm Zire's image?

Thomas

More about : pose palm zire

Anonymous
April 11, 2005 6:29:14 AM

If I remember right, the problem isn't the OS as it is the CPU. The
Palm IIIc uses a 68348(?) Dragonball, which uses a 68000 based
processor. The Zire uses an OMAP which uses an ARM based processor. The
two CPUs are totally different and POSE doesn't support ARM. You need
to debug with the Palm Simulator if I remember right.

I still have a IIIc and will upgrade to a Zire myself this year. I
can't say I'm looking forward to changing my toolset.
!