Druids, Nature's Warrior & Warshaper Questions

Over the past few days I’ve been pondering a number of questions
dealing with the Druid class and the Nature’s Warrior and Warshaper PrC’s.

1) One of the Nature’s Armament granted powers is called Earth’s
Resilience. It grants a DR 3/-. If the Druid was under the effects of an
Animal Growth spell would the spell’s DR stack with Earth’s Resilience
for a total of DR 13?

2) Another of the Nature’s Warrior abilities is Wild Growth. It grants
the user with Fast Healing 1. One of the Warshaper’s abilities is
Morphic Healing which grants Fast Healing 2. Would these two forms of
fast Healing stack?

3) If a Druid were to take the Vow of Poverty, would all of the granted
abilities work when in a Wildshape form?

4) I think it stinks that the Warshaper PrC levels do not stack with the
Druid’s Wildshape ability like the Nature’s Warrior Wilding power. Would
it be unbalancing to have a Feat that granted Wilding to the Warshaper PrC?

5) The fifth level Warshaper ability Flashmorph/Multimorph has two
different effects depending on what abilities the user has. If the user
has the ability to change form at will, such as from the change
shape-ability, the shapechanger subtype, or a Polymorph spell-like
ability he gains the Flashmorph class feature, allowing him to change
shape as a move action. BUT if he casts a Polymorph spell, has Polymorph
as a spell-like ability usable less often than at will, or has the
Wildshape class feature, he instead gains the Multimorph class feature.
Multimorph allows a Warshaper to change forms multiple times during the
duration of the spell, spell-like ability, or class feature that allows
him to change form. So, what if the fifth level Warshaper is both a
Druid AND a Shapechanger? Which of the two class feature’s applies?

6) A friend of mine mentioned a Druid magic item that give the user a +4
level boost to their Wildshape ability. Does such an item exist and if
so, where can it be found?

7) The Amulet of Mighty Fists grants a +1 to +5 bonus to hit with
unarmed attacks or natural attacks. So long as a Druid’s Wildshape form
has a neck, would the Amulet enhance all of the form’s natural attacks?

--
Tetsubo
My page: http://home.comcast.net/~tetsubo/

Tetsubo wrote:
> Over the past few days I’ve been pondering a number of questions
> dealing with the Druid class and the Nature’s Warrior and Warshaper PrC’s.
>
> 1) One of the Nature’s Armament granted powers is called Earth’s
> Resilience. It grants a DR 3/-. If the Druid was under the effects of an
> Animal Growth spell would the spell’s DR stack with Earth’s Resilience
> for a total of DR 13?

DR doesn't stack, it overlaps, unless some specific rule says otherwise.

> 2) Another of the Nature’s Warrior abilities is Wild Growth. It grants
> the user with Fast Healing 1. One of the Warshaper’s abilities is
> Morphic Healing which grants Fast Healing 2. Would these two forms of
> fast Healing stack?

I think this follows the same rules as above, e.g. overlap not stack.
Without
the book, can't say for sure.

> 3) If a Druid were to take the Vow of Poverty, would all of the granted
> abilities work when in a Wildshape form?

Don't have the book, but if VoP is a feat, you should still have access to
it in any other form (check BOED).

> 4) I think it stinks that the Warshaper PrC levels do not stack with the
> Druid’s Wildshape ability like the Nature’s Warrior Wilding power. Would
> it be unbalancing to have a Feat that granted Wilding to the Warshaper PrC?

Not familiar enough with Warshaper to say. Is it a 5 level or 10 level PrC?

> 5) The fifth level Warshaper ability Flashmorph/Multimorph has two
> different effects depending on what abilities the user has. If the user
> has the ability to change form at will, such as from the change
> shape-ability, the shapechanger subtype, or a Polymorph spell-like
> ability he gains the Flashmorph class feature, allowing him to change
> shape as a move action. BUT if he casts a Polymorph spell, has Polymorph
> as a spell-like ability usable less often than at will, or has the
> Wildshape class feature, he instead gains the Multimorph class feature.
> Multimorph allows a Warshaper to change forms multiple times during the
> duration of the spell, spell-like ability, or class feature that allows
> him to change form. So, what if the fifth level Warshaper is both a
> Druid AND a Shapechanger? Which of the two class feature’s applies?

If they are mutually exclusive, I'd guess you could pick which one you'd
rather have; you may be allowed to have both--check the description.

> 6) A friend of mine mentioned a Druid magic item that give the user a +4
> level boost to their Wildshape ability. Does such an item exist and if
> so, where can it be found?

Sounds like a variant of "Practiced Spellcaster" if it cuts off at HD.
Maybe
it's in Complete Divine if it was in a WOTC product.

> 7) The Amulet of Mighty Fists grants a +1 to +5 bonus to hit with
> unarmed attacks or natural attacks. So long as a Druid’s Wildshape form
> has a neck, would the Amulet enhance all of the form’s natural attacks?

If the amulet grants this to ALL natural attacks, then "yes."

Tetsubo wrote:
> Over the past few days I've been pondering a number of questions
> dealing with the Druid class and the Nature's Warrior and Warshaper
PrC's.

> 1) One of the Nature's Armament granted powers is called Earth's
> Resilience. It grants a DR 3/-. If the Druid was under the effects of
an
> Animal Growth spell would the spell's DR stack with Earth's
Resilience
> for a total of DR 13?

No. He would have a DR of 10 against non-magic weapons, and a DR of 3
against magic weapons.

> 2) Another of the Nature's Warrior abilities is Wild Growth. It
grants
> the user with Fast Healing 1. One of the Warshaper's abilities is
> Morphic Healing which grants Fast Healing 2. Would these two forms of

> fast Healing stack?

I would say no, but I don't know if there's actually a rule or ruling
to support this either way.

> 3) If a Druid were to take the Vow of Poverty, would all of the
granted
> abilities work when in a Wildshape form?

Yes. This makes Vow of Poverty incredibly broken for a Druid.

> 4) I think it stinks that the Warshaper PrC levels do not stack with
the
> Druid's Wildshape ability like the Nature's Warrior Wilding
power. Would
> it be unbalancing to have a Feat that granted Wilding to the
Warshaper PrC?

The Warshaper PrC is already _very_ powerful. I don't think piling on
the cheese is a good idea.

> 5) The fifth level Warshaper ability Flashmorph/Multimorph has two
> different effects depending on what abilities the user has. If the
user
> has the ability to change form at will, such as from the change
> shape-ability, the shapechanger subtype, or a Polymorph spell-like
> ability he gains the Flashmorph class feature, allowing him to change

> shape as a move action. BUT if he casts a Polymorph spell, has
Polymorph
> as a spell-like ability usable less often than at will, or has the
> Wildshape class feature, he instead gains the Multimorph class
feature.
> Multimorph allows a Warshaper to change forms multiple times during
the
> duration of the spell, spell-like ability, or class feature that
allows
> him to change form. So, what if the fifth level Warshaper is both a
> Druid AND a Shapechanger? Which of the two class feature's applies?

I would rule that he gains Multimorph (only) for his Wild Shape
ability, and Flashmorph (only) for his racial shapechanger ability.
This does not agree with the letter of the rules, but I think that's
just an oversight; it fits the spirit.

> 6) A friend of mine mentioned a Druid magic item that give the user a
+4
> level boost to their Wildshape ability. Does such an item exist and
if
> so, where can it be found?

Dunno.

> 7) The Amulet of Mighty Fists grants a +1 to +5 bonus to hit with
> unarmed attacks or natural attacks. So long as a Druid's Wildshape
form
> has a neck, would the Amulet enhance all of the form's natural
attacks?

Yes. Combos like this are actually the reason why the Amulet is so
expensive, compared to a normal magical weapon.

Laszlo

George W Harris wrote:
> On 23 May 2005 23:43:20 -0700, laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>
> :> 3) If a Druid were to take the Vow of Poverty, would all of the
> :granted
> :> abilities work when in a Wildshape form?
> :
> :Yes. This makes Vow of Poverty incredibly broken for a Druid.
>
> If by "broken" you mean "useful".

Not really. It's "useful" for a monk. For a Druid, it's broken. The Vow
of Poverty bonuses bypass one of the biggest restrictions keeping the
druid's Wild Shape ablity in check: the magical equipment restriction.
With VoP, wildshaped druids can get some truly obscene bonuses.

Laszlo

On 23 May 2005 23:43:20 -0700, laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

:> 3) If a Druid were to take the Vow of Poverty, would all of the
:granted
:> abilities work when in a Wildshape form?
:
:Yes. This makes Vow of Poverty incredibly broken for a Druid.

If by "broken" you mean "useful".

--
"Intelligence is too complex to capture in a single number." -Alfred Binet

George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'

Latest posts