Screen flickering in some games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivellis

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
So far I've only noticed this problem with The Witcher, Dragon Age: Origins, STALKER and to a lesser extent Risen.

When the game is in full screen mode the screen flickers when any quick action happens on screen, such as moving the mouse to look around, characters fighting in cutscenes, things like lightning that flash across the screen or even the logo popping up on start up. It's almost like a stutter, but only on part of the screen.

If however I change to windowed mode, even in the same resolution, the flicker goes away.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the video card drivers multiple times, no change.

I have an HP Envy 17 laptop running Windows 7 64-bit with a i7 720, 6GB of RAM and a Mobility Radeon HD 5850.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

ivellis

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I've never experienced screen tearing before, however that definitely seems like what it is.

However, I've already attempted VSYNC before, both in game options and using CCC. Nothing changes.

And yes I do have the latest drivers, however this problem seems to have been there since I got the laptop in March.

Edit: Actually enabling VSYNC through CCC seems to have fixed the problem with Dragon Age Origins, but nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.