1) What is your budget? I need to buy 2 laptops for under $800. I feel like its impossible but -___-"
im desperate at this point.
2) What size notebook would you prefer? Any It doesn't really matter as long as its not too small.
3) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? This Lap top is gonna travel but will be well taken care of.
4) Where will you buying this notebook? Buying in the US.
5) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? I’m open to any brand...Im not really liking HP because i have a desktop thats Hp and it just sucks its fan is always running and its graphics card is ancient.
6) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? Yes.
7) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? I will be primarily gaming with this laptop as well as college. I also want to use it for video and photo editing and movie making.
8) Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Gaming will be the primary purpose of the laptop. I’d like to be able to play games like the Sims 2 how ever I have tuns of Custom Content which require a good graphics card
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? 2 - 4 hours
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? I just want to be able to see images of the laptop so that I know the location of ports and buttons.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc. Windows 7. NO VISTA!
12) When are you buying this laptop? Next few months
13) If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Not exactly, no.
14) Additional Information I would really like it if the buttons were illuminated and if it had a built in Web cam and mic.
The web cam and Mic are optional.
15) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? I would like HD
16) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen? This won’t be a dealbreaker either way as long as it is clean, clear, and high quality.
17) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Performance and functionality come first. Style would be great as an added bonus, but not a requirement. The laptop can look plain – I don’t need fancy lighting or designs
18) How long do you want this laptop to last? How long do you want to keep your laptop? Ummm hopefully at least 4 to 8 years
19) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive? Uh as long at the computer Has 3 GB at least im good. I dont know what an SSD drive is >_> just need to be able to put in my cds and USBs and my camera's memory card.
20) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive? CDRW/DVD-ROM (a dvd burner would be nice but not needed).
21) Other Would like the basics of a regular college computer with the amenities of a great graphics card and at least 3 GB of memory. TT-TT please!