System Noise

Hi,
Just bought a new system AMD 1800xp with a Geforce TI500 card in it.
Question is why does my system sound like a jet is taking off. could it be the processor fan and would the noise level be the same with and intel processor. I love the system but I can barely talk on the phone with it running.
5 answers Last reply
More about system noise
  1. What is your CPU fan?

You can try lubricating your fans in your case, sometimes that quiets them down quite a bit.

I sold my soul to Microsoft, and all I got was this lousy operating system.
  2. What processor fan did you buy for it? You can't blame your purcheses on AMD, you know :wink:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
  3. My first ever double post! w00t!

I can't believe I went close to 8000 posts before getting my first double.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FatBurger on 01/16/02 03:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  4. Yeah it would be a lot more silent with an Intel CPU, go buy one, don't even need a fan on it but it will be a tad slower than a 486. :)

No joke, you can try intel with a nice silent fan. In my box it's the powersupply making the sound of a F-16 powering up for take off, the other 5 fans you can't even notice. :D

Make sure it's the CPU fan before spending money and realizing it that it's something else.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red> ;)
  5. You just need a better heatsink and a quieter fan on your CPU.
    I'm using a Swiftech MCX462 heatsink with a Zalman 80mm ultra-quiet fan. It provides enough cooling to keep my 1600+ under 60 degrees on a 40 degree day, and you have to strain to hear it.

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs