boa

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
When i play heavy games like quake 3. The temperature on my AMD Thunderbird 1400 goes up to 60-65 degrees Celcius! Is this bad? The computer is not locking up.. And i didn't built it.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by boa on 01/17/02 07:47 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
Add some case fan(s).

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red> ;)

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
If your computer isn't locking up, then it's okay, like Matisaro said. But just out of curiosity, what kind of heatsink and case do you have? Did you install your heatsink yourself? Is the room the computer is in really hot?

<i>Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.</i>

dhlucke

Polypheme
If it's not causing any problems then you're fine.

However, I would still make sure you at least have an intake and and outtake fan in the system so that future, more demanding programs don't give you trouble. Especially on a hot day. If you're in the northern hemisphere you're in the middle of winter so you might as well prepare ahead for warmer days.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

svol

Champion
Little high. Best to add 2 casefans, one blowing in at the bottom front, and one blowing out at the upper rear.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .