Vaio VGN-FW351J DC power Jack

Tags:
  • VAIO
  • Sony Vaio
  • Power
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
July 11, 2011 12:11:28 AM

I took apart my sony vaio VGN-FW351J with the intention of replacing the DC power jack

Problem is I can't get the circular housing piece off that holds the DC jack. I removed the one screw I thought was securing it but i can't pull it off with any amount of force.

I don't want to break anything more. I understand the jack itself might be soldered on. If so I can deal with that but I still need to get the circular housing piece off to get to that

any help would be appreciated.

More about : vaio vgn fw351j power jack

Best solution

a b D Laptop
July 11, 2011 1:36:01 AM

Could you post an image?
July 20, 2011 11:59:08 PM

Best answer selected by magicbullet077.
m
l
Related resources
October 24, 2011 2:27:09 AM

magicbullet077 said:
I took apart my sony vaio VGN-FW351J with the intention of replacing the DC power jack

Problem is I can't get the circular housing piece off that holds the DC jack. I removed the one screw I thought was securing it but i can't pull it off with any amount of force.

I don't want to break anything more. I understand the jack itself might be soldered on. If so I can deal with that but I still need to get the circular housing piece off to get to that

any help would be appreciated.

HI I AM DOING THE SAME THING DID YOU FIND THE SOLUTION?

SETH

HELP@PENGUINPC.NET
m
l
April 7, 2014 2:32:16 AM

I think you will have to break the housing piece, I checked the housing piece, even I take off the screws and the metal piece, I could not take off the dc power jack, I have to break the narrow part of the housing, this will not damage much of the housing, and the housing piece can be put in the laptop stably, I am not professional in repair a laptop, anyone who has a better idea please leave a message..
If you need a cabled dc jack, you might order one here: http://www.lapdiy.com/sony-vaio-vgnfw351j-power-jack-po... or http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-VAIO-VGN-FW351J-FW355JH-FW...
m
l
!