How to check system uptime in win2000

I know this can be done in Win95 and 98 by going to system info, but in Win2k this isn't so. In WinXP it can be seen by going to a command prompt and typing "system info"

How can I tell how long a computer with Windows 2000 Pro has been turned on?

It's all good ^_^
15 answers Last reply
More about check system uptime win2000
  1. uptime

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>
  2. Yeah, uptime. It's how long your computer has been turned on, or into windows anyway

It's all good ^_^
  3. I found it once but don't remember where it is. Now I just use SiSoft Sandra and its under windows information.

Is your system stable enough you'd run your own life support on it? ---mine is. Soyo KT333 + AXP 1900+
  4. like... ummmmm.... I don't think you got what I said.

open up a DOS window, and type:

uptime

It's actually the name of the utility. i kid you not. That will give you what you want. Get it?

5. Ah, I thought you were asking what it meant. It was so simple, it was difficult.

Thanks a bunch

It's all good ^_^
  6. I opened up a command prompt window on my 2000 computer and typed "uptime" and got:

'uptime' is not recognized as an
    operable program or batch file.

It's all good ^_^
  7. I don't have this on any of my systems either. Is this something that needs to be manually pulled off the CD?
  8. i downloaded a small program called, strangely enough "uptime.exe" sits in your task tray, and u can have it somewhere on your desktop. It also can keep track if you hibernate your system too.

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>
  9. Open up task manager (ctrl-alt-del -> task manager or right-click task bar -> task manager). The cpu time of system idle process.

<i><font color=blue>There is no failure when you believe in success.</font color=blue></i>
  10. oh yeah - I forgot. It's on the 2K resource kit.

11. Another problem bites the dust

...bmm bmm bmm, another one bites the dust...

It's all good ^_^
  12. groovey tune man!

<b>Anyone claiming they can see the difference
    between 450 and 500 FPS in Quake3 deserves to
    be severely beaten with a rock. :smile: </b>
  13. Hi from any of the Windows server 2003 system - go to command prompt and type the below command.

systeminof /S System (where system is remote windows 2000 server FQDN name)

you will get the system information of the remote windows 2000 server.
  14. Sorry type mistake

systeminfo /S System (where system is remote windows 2000 server FQDN name)
  15. Instead of that you may use
    "net statistics server" command on the Windows 2000 box.

regards,
    G
Ask a new question

Read More

Command Prompt Windows