More Juicy Unsubstantiated Thouroughbred rumors :)

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
get em while they are hot ;)
apparently the last XP will be teh XP2200+ running at 1800Mhz. that will be one damn hot chip!
first 0.13 will be 2100+ rising to 2500+(2Ghz)
maybe more onboard cache too! yummie!

but dont just take my work for it... take someone elses unsubstantiated rumor! ;)
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/17010207.htm" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/17010207.htm</A>

The lack of thermal protection on Athlon's is cunning way to stop morons from using AMD. :)

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
mmmmm
u know what im thinkin...
morecache + cooler + 166fsb mobo + pc2700 ddr.
DROOOL

The lack of thermal protection on Athlon's is cunning way to stop morons from using AMD. :)

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Well, I think I see my next big upgrade. I hope they do increase the L2 cache. That along with the die shrink and other improvements should make for quite a fast chip. Combine it with some DDR333 RAM and it should make for a nice system.

<i>There are two theories on arguing with women. Neither one works.</i>

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
oh my oh my, i've been planning on creating a server puter and a gaming puter. i can now see my future gamer...ooooooo..2500+ w/ a geforce 4..pc2700 or wont there be something faster by then?? oh well...still...ooooooo

didnt have one of em electronic pens so ill just type my name,<i>CoOoLMaNX</i>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
sorta...
by the time bredie comes out DDR333 mobo's wil be round... course we are allready startin to see PC3000 DDR ramsticks, so overclocking is always an option ;)

G

DDR333 wont do much good, if the Tbreds dont get a 166 fsb. (cf nForce single/dual channel). And it looks like it wont :-( Unlocking and overclocking the fsb might be a neat trick though.

The extra cache might help IF it gets it, but I once again doubt it. I really think Tbred will just be a die shrink of Palli; cooler, faster, cheaper to produce. Good enough for me :)

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

svol

Champion
Why don't AMD makes a CPU with a higher FSB, I want bandwith. If they come up with a 166/200 MHz FSB then the Intel CPU gets another bump in the face.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

G

Write to them and ask them.

<font color=purple><b>Techie2001</font color=purple></b>
<i>(Crazy Alien)</i>
If it ain't broke, Don't fix it. :wink:

FatBurger

Illustrious
I would rather they keep the cache the way it is, and concentrate on lowering the latency instead.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
u mean like a 256 bit width data path to the cache instead of 64?

what i can see happening is
asychronous DDR333 with 266fsb bredie's... then only later with barton do we get the 'bredie D' like what they did with the athlon B/C.
which they can charge more for

still 50/50 weather the bredie will have more cache or not. im hopin.

as it stands it all looks good, think ill keep my old overclocked Athlon 1200C. cauz its a nice unlocked chip ;) ;) ;)

8.5 x 166 = 1416Mhz eazy.

G

There doesn't seem to be too much to this new chip (so far) other than just that it's faster. Not that this isn't a good thing, but I probably won't wait for it to come out (if you want to wait for a faster chip to be released, you'd be waiting forever :)) I've been planning to upgrade my PII-350 since August, and I'll probably go with an XP 1666 instead of waiting (talk about an improvement).

somerandomguy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
It wont just be faster, it will also run much cooler; that much we can be sure about. Since a cooler chip is a higher overclocking chip (at least when it's cooler because of a die shrink), a lot of us are waiting for this CPU.

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."

G

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that most of the people on these forums like to overclock :) I guess in that case, it makes some sense.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hehe
the curse of computers
there always something good around the corner.
at some point ya gonna have to bite the bullet and get something ;)