Status
Not open for further replies.

br33zi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011

orestesdd

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I am also looking for a 18" laptop cooling, and I am considering this one at amazon:

Cooler Master Storm SF 19 17" Laptop Cooler with USB 2.0 (SGA-4000-KKNF1)

I am doing this because today I just got delivered a new Toshiba laptop with the following specs:

Satellite P770-BT4G22 Laptop

and I am afraid this laptop sit too flat on my desk and its airflow may not be optimal when playing games for 2-3 hours in a row. Does anyone has other recommendations?

Sorry for taking this thread to post this, but we may get some opinions here.

br33zi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
No its ok orestesdd.. notebooks can get very hot
because of the size of the exaust fan even if the computer is new. * I think *
I bought this Targus 30 doller dual fan chill mat from staples today,
My system on idle with this high heat in Mass summertime would get pretty hot.
I would play games like starcraft 1 and it would get very very hot..almost
till you think it can melt the notebook =/..
but any ways I installed this Targus chill mat and not running games
or any programs it went from really warm/hot to like barely warm almost
cold to the touch.

Also when I play games its not melting hot just really really warm slightly hot.

I am looking like you orestesdd for something better with a " kick "
to bring my note book temp more down in games instead of a little.

orestesdd

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010

Thanks for your comments. I just got the laptop today and here it is not very hot during summer. However, since I am planning to play games with this new laptop, I am concerned about the heat that the CPU and GPU may yield. My prior laptop was not sitting flat on my desk, and it had a better airflow even though I was not using it for gaming, but I could leave it on for hours without a problem. This new laptop I mentioned is sitting almost flat on my desk, and even though I have yet to use it (I had to come to work after I got the laptop package), I am sure it may get hot. This is the reason I want to prevent damaging this new laptop before I put it through its paces.

I am hoping other people read this thread. I am also considering this laptop cooler:

ZALMAN Notebook Cooler Model ZM-NC2000 Black

but I don't know which one I would buy. I cannot afford more than $60 USD, for I already spent a bunch on my new laptop.

br33zi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
*Also my core 2 duo idles at 41 degrees celcius now at night verses no notebook cooler being very hot..
Under load playing starcraft 1 the hottest its got with this zalman notebook cooler is 61degrees celcius.
:bounce: very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.