P4 just owned AMD for top spot

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Check it out, <A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2492736" target="_new">Macci just scored top spot </A>in mark2001 with a P4 overclocked to 2.9Ghz.

Beating out all AMD's

In this level of competition, P4 is the clear winner.

Im still getting up to speed. here is a combo you have not seen from me yet. <A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2483434" target="_new">Asus P4B266 i845D and R8500</A>

Reguarding overclocking, of the half dozen NW's Ive played with so far, <b>all can reach 30% overclock</b> on stock HSF. raising the Vcore you can reach much higher overclocks easy.

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
your point? i would hope so considering amd is still on .18, it would be a whole other story if the thoroughbred was around and compare how both fare for ocing on .13. til then i don't see how it could be a good comparison.

[insert philosophical statement here]

FatBurger

Illustrious
Very impressive, nearly 400 points above the next contender (XP system by Macci). The video card is clocked to 380/320, that's just insane.

$10 says Macci doesn't have a girlfriend (and never will) :lol:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
His point is that the top score now belongs to a P4 system. That high a score is probably possible by an XP system, but 3DMark comparisons are very valid (I won't comment on the usefulness), since they are made up by people who use normal components, not hand-picked P4s.

Well, except for FUGGER, but he isn't near the top, so no big deal :wink:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My point is Intel is BACK ON TOP, again. k?

try and read, instead of being an ass and reply like you cant understand my post totally missing the point.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Correct fatburger,

These guys are overclocking to the best of thier abilities. Macci held the top spot with the XP for a long time and he beat his own score by 400 points.

DJ should check in with huge score too.

Fatburger, my score beats yours =P 9.7k is not that bad without considering im not overclocking my video card to hell bad back.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Fatburger, my score beats yours =P 9.7k is not that bad without considering im not overclocking my video card to hell bad back.

I never said it didn't. My MX is about to be retired (FedEx has my 8500 retail), so hopefully I'll be able to get a bit higher.

I'm not going to bother competing with you though, it won't make either of our dicks any bigger.

Kemche

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2001
But when Northwood wasn't out XP Was all over Wil Core P4. And all the Intel Fans were saying Wait till Northwood, Wait till Northwood. And all the AMD fans were replying by saying let's compare what we have don't compare what we will have. I am not an Intel/AMD Fan, I like both, but I would say that now it's Intel Fan's turn to say, Let's just compare what we have. Don't wait, because when AMD come out with .13u core t-bred you don't know what Intel will have. When AMD is out with their processor shrink we will compare what's best then. For now, Intel is on Top. Go Intel.

Good Luck AMD
KG

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
In this level of competition, P4 is the clear winner
we're talking about oc'ed chips? i didn't know it was any big secret that the p4 would oc higher and beat the highest oc'ed xp hands down. the wording sounds as colorful as the 3ghz p4 review. and i'm sure you of all people would know what kind of posts it takes to be an ass :lol:

[insert philosophical statement here]

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Let FUGGER be for now. It seems like he's actually making an effort <i>not</i> to be an ass, so let's not give him any crap. Wait until his next bogus claim to do that.

Besides which, this lead is likely only going to last another month or two. Be a little patient, then rag on Intel some more once AMD resumes the lead.

<i>If a server crashes in a server farm and no one pings it, does it still cost four figures to fix?