Exploding silicon! (not an Athlon)

SammyBoy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2001
US researchers from the University of California in San Diego (UCSD) have developed exploding silicon chips.
<A HREF="http://www.siliconstrategies.com/story/OEG20020117S0029" target="_new">http://www.siliconstrategies.com/story/OEG20020117S0029</A>

This is a great article I found on Silicon Strategies. Read it, it's great. I keep telling myself that no matter how hard I try, I won't ever be able to get my hands on one.

-Sammyboy

FatBurger

Illustrious
That's a better gag than exploding golf balls :lol:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Dammit, I really want a sarcastic smiley like at HardOCP. Maybe I'll just make one myself.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

SammyBoy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2001
Oh, do stop with the Intel vs. AMD stuff. Granted, Athlon's do have a tendency to self-destruct if they aren't taken care of properly, but so do little kids.

-SammyBoy

scwarner

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002
Ummmm..... What was the point of that article?
Seems senseless to me at this point in time.

"Intel people buy their computers to learn. AMD people build theirs because they already have."

SammyBoy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2001
It's called injecting humor into an otherwise boring forum (unless you enjoy the constant Intel vs. AMD wars) and life. Plus, scientifically, these chips could be very useful, as being able to have a small amount of propulsion and/or a field lighter would be nice. Plus, it's just cool to find new ways to blow things up.

-SammyBoy

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
The NAVY could make use of it, if a plane get shut down it can selfdistruct so nobody can get anything out of it. Or like the spy plane in china, type in a command and it's useless junk.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red> ;)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Exploding silicon for breast implants will be Osama's next technic! Thousands of terrorist crossdressers invading our country with exploding breast implants! That's easier to hide than exploding shoes! First point of attack...h00ters!

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

tnadrev

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2002
i would not at all surprised, if intel made a "rental" program where you had to pay a monthly fee for your cpu/system, or they will blow it up... :)

:wink: Engineering is the science of making life simple, by making it more complicated.