1. What is your budget? If I can, $800 or less.. I really only want to spend like 650-750$
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 11"-15"
3. What screen resolution do you want? Any
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Being highly portable is a major factor
5. How much battery life do you need? 6-Cell battery is fine
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I won't be gaming
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I need to be able to plug it in to my Home Theater receiver VIA HDMI and have it output DTS-HD and DTS-HD MA.
For example, I know the 520M can do it:
As the other 500M series chips, the 520M supports Bitstream HD Audio (Blu-Ray) output via HDMI. That means the card is able to transfer Dolby True HD and DTS-HD bitstream-wise without quality loss to a HiFi receiver.
I also need to make sure it can play 1080p Blu-Ray rips with no slow-down, and be able to run quiet/cool
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Anything is fine
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Anywhere is fine
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Long as possible, will use it as HTPC if I ever upgrade in the future.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Blu-Ray is required
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't care
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
More about :find portable laptop good viewing movies
Above drive does not have a Blu-ray rom/DVD-RW drive.
Recommend you start by looking thru Newegg listings.
Looking @ the ones that have a Blu-ray drive ( last laptop I upgraded the DVD drive to a blu-ray drive - had to order from Taiwan for $100, was $200 stateside.)
As far as CPU goes, a C2D (or amd equiv will work), but I'd shoot for a i3/i5/I5-xxx, or a newer SB i5-xxxx.
As to Audio, look at the audio chip include - will probably need to google to get spec.
For graphics I'd probably go for the Amd chipset.
I have 3 laptops - 2 I swapped the drive out for a Blu-ray drive. My last one, a samsung RF711-S)1 had a blu-ray drive got off of new egg on sale for $750 (overpriced @ normal price). They all play blu-ray just fine on the LT display, but have not hooked up to TV