Sign in with
Your question

MY CPU NEEDS WATER

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2002 11:08:43 PM

My CPU gets to about 134 degrees fahrentheit would this make it freeze??????????

More about : cpu water

January 18, 2002 11:14:25 PM

134 degrees Fahrenheit = 57 degrees Celsius...which isn't that hot. You don't need to worry about is burning up, and you certainly don't need to worry about it freezing. :wink:

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."
January 19, 2002 1:15:25 AM

Quote:
134 degrees Fahrenheit = 57 degrees Celsius...which isn't that hot.

uh, 57 deg C is pretty hot for a chip to be runnning at. True you dont need to worry about it burning up, but I would check to make sure you properly installed your heatsink because those are very high numbers for any chip to running at even under a full load.

Hard work often pays off in time, but laziness always pays off now.
Related resources
January 19, 2002 7:16:59 AM

Be sure that you have enough airflow inside your case, otherwise you're CPU temp will always be high. Adding two 80mm casefans, one blowing in at the bottom front and one blowing out at the upper rear, will help to lower temps.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:  .
January 19, 2002 8:48:26 AM

umm... that is high. and that could caus problems on cheaper mobos. i don't feel like posting another article on capacitors and transistors, but i will if needed. i assum
ImSoHotItsScary is running a amd cpu. if its a tbird it will crash at 63 celcius.

<font color=purple><b>I have a pc with a built-in house.</b> :wink: </font color=purple>
January 19, 2002 8:49:38 AM

i assum you are running an amd cpu. if its a tbird it will crash at 63 celcius. if your mobo doesn't register the right temp you could be having heat problems. well you are having heat problems.

<font color=purple><b>I have a pc with a built-in house.</b> :wink: </font color=purple>
January 19, 2002 8:49:49 AM

got a friend running a plain old athlon 1Ghz.
cruses day in day out at 62C.
no probs (cept for the usual win98se crap)

The lack of thermal protection on Athlon's is cunning way to stop morons from using AMD. :) 
January 19, 2002 8:54:13 AM

many of the error in OSs are heat. the OS can't tell what it is so it gives you an error and you think oh its the OS.

January 19, 2002 9:06:40 AM

HA!
not in this case mr scam.
i emailed her Toast, and she ran it for 3 hours, no probs.
QED.

The lack of thermal protection on Athlon's is cunning way to stop morons from using AMD. :) 
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2002 1:41:22 PM

Yea, I'm running an AMD processor with an Nvidia 3D Card, i only got the CPU fan and Video Fan and my computer freezes when i play 3D games would adding fans stop this?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2002 2:02:18 PM

it could be but most likely it is something to do with drivers and 57c isnt that hot if it gets over 60 u should do something but 57 under a full load is fine
January 19, 2002 2:11:13 PM

i assume this is, as meaured from the onboard sensor... which would be a little cooler... making 57°C/134°F seem pretty hot...
what kind of cpu is it? stock air cooler?

:wink: Engineering is the science of making life simple, by making it more complicated.
January 19, 2002 2:56:05 PM

i agree with svol that adding fans will help. for the sake of experimentation, leave your case open the next time you play some 3d games. if it doesnt lock up then its deffinatly an air problem and your processor gets too hot under load.

if it still locks up you might need to get some new drivers for your vid card.
January 19, 2002 10:31:28 PM

put a big fan next to your computer with the case open. i'm 87% sure you are having heat problems. if you have an amd tbird with geforce mx your chances are higher for crashes. what cpu and video card do you have??

January 19, 2002 11:08:48 PM

I've had problems with my Duron 800 when it reaches 49C. At 47C it's perfectly fine. It won't blow up or melt, but it won't be stable either.

In other words, keep your CPU in the mid 40's for maximum stability. I keep my T-Bird in the 30's-very low 40's.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
January 19, 2002 11:11:07 PM

That's not so easy when it's 35 degrees in your room...and hotter outside. My CPU runs at 57 degrees, and I've not yet had a crash.

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."
January 20, 2002 1:56:24 AM

I live in the dessert. It doesn't exactly get cold here. I doubt it'll be in the 30's during the summer, but my place is well insulated so who knows?

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>
January 21, 2002 6:49:46 AM

i'm able to keep my 1.4 in low 30s. a big 120x120 keeps it cool. thats with an adapter.

January 21, 2002 7:06:54 AM

Quote:
I live in the dessert.

You live in the dessert? Who baked up a dessert large enough to live in? :wink:

My CPU is good and stable up until 55C; I have a system monitor set up to shut it down at that temp. So far it hasn't ever had to do that.

I suppose it would be stable over 55C, but I prefer not having to find out.

<i>If a server crashes in a server farm and no one pings it, does it still cost four figures to fix?
January 21, 2002 3:32:58 PM

My Athlon XP1600 runs at 31 with an Alpha PAL6035 and Delta HP 60mm, but I also have a lot of other fans in my case (14 with CPU fan included).

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 21, 2002 3:41:36 PM

If I only want to add 1 more fan to my case, should I put it in the front or at the back?
January 21, 2002 4:28:53 PM

I think it's best to put it on the back blowing out, so the hot air gets out of the case, cold air will be sucked in through the case ventilation holes.

!