lionelhutz_esq

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
like carIn (postings below on the D800, M60 and clevo)i also get a notebook (not laptop) soon.

ive been looking for 16 inch notebooks with a high resolution for some time now (i dont want the 17 screens with 1200x25 resolution).

so, first i checked out sony. the 16 screen with 1600x1200 resolution and the reviews sounded good. but they only come with the P4-m (and P4)

now, the long battery life of the pentium M is very intriguing. is Dell really the only one company which offer an excellent (big) screen together with the pentium M?

also, what are experiences with writing on the dell (i need to write a lot)? ive read the sony keyboard is extremely good, but the dell supposedly sucks. any insights?

lionel

kayatai

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2003
My dell inspiron 600m has a nice keyboard, my wife's sony viao (low end) has an excellent keyboard (best feature of the whole notebook).

The inspiron 8500 had some keyboard issues, but I haven't seen too much about the 8600 (inspiron version of the D800). Dell also supplied fixes to the keyboard issues.

I would suggest checking out the dell forums.
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums

check out both the inspiron and latitude sections, there are separate boards for keyboard/pointing devices. reading through issues there and asking questions will probably be your best bet for information. Just keep in mind that they are a support forum so most people that visit there have issues with their computer, the ones with no problems never show up.

akerman

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2002
If you can handle decreasing from 16 inches to 15.4 inches, get the compaq/hp x1000/nx7000! .. you cannot go wrong. I've just had the nx7000 for testing fot two weeks, and the screen is beautiful.. clear, crisp, and with a resolution of 1680*1050. The keyboard is the best I have used along with the one on my mothers IBM - the keys don't "click" they are pretty silent, and they have just the right pressure imo. I got 4hrs15 on the battery at light use...

Completely OT: is there any difference in the use, between "can't" and "cannot" ??