Win 2000 Pro random physical memory dumps!!! HELP!

G

My Win 2K Pro randomly pulls a Physical Memory dump. I get a blue screen and this:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0000000AD, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000, 0x80065F65)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
*** ADRESS 80065F65 base at 80062000, DateStamp 381f8c6e - hal.dll

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system adminstrator or
tenchincal support group.

SOme of the others have pointed out HAL.DLL, NTOSKRNL.EXE, 3DBGF.DLL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and also DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This is my setup:

AMD Athlon 700Mhz
128 Mb SDRAM 100mhz
FIC SD11 Mobo
Creative 3D Annihilator 2 32Mb DDR
Aureal Vortex Advantage
Western Digital 13Gig 7200RPM
DirectX 8
Win - Athlon Reg Patch
Newest video drivers, couldn't obtain newest sound driver (Aureal went out of business).

I also have another problem, though not as serious, is my audio randomly cut's off and wont' return till I restart. Odd...

ANY help or suggestions are more than apreciated. Thanks

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I used to have the same problem with Win2k Advanced Server. Do several things...run Windows Update, download whatever Service Packs and updates you need. If that doesn't fix things, pull out the sound card, clean the little PCI contacts and blow into the slot (unless you're brave enough to shove Q-tips in there), and make sure the card is seated firmly.

If that doesn't work...contact your administrator <smirk>

~Crapple0

"intel inside, idiot outside"

G

Have your memory tested. Sometimes this may be reason of memory dumps.

And they said schizophrenia is annoying?

Ron_Jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey man, I bet your video card driver is causing this problem & I'd guess you're using one of nvidia's latest reference drivers. Does the memory dump happen randomly or only when your using the same type of program (media players for example)?
Go to http://www.reactorcritical.com/download.shtml & download a slightly older driver version (like the 6.18, 6.27 or 6.31) for your card & see if that fixes your problem. Let me know how it works out.

Ron_Jeremy

P.S Make sure you "properly" remove the current drivers (remove in "add/remove programs", select standard pci adapter & reboot) before installing the new driver.