Lexmark prevail pro705 printer in win 8

Nibbler666

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

Regretfully you don't. I have contact Lexmark with that same question, and the response was that they are not even able to consider patch or updated drivers until Windows 8 has been out a few months.

Not ideal, but it does tell the bigger picture for Lexmark...

I am looking at Brother or HP now as they are the only real ones who are offering solution.

Sorry this isn't the answer you wanted, but like myself, who uses my printer daily for business, its the answer that gives a new option. Time to change away from Lexmark...

bugsbunny23

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hi,

I must say that this is not true. At this time there are no genuine Windows 8 drivers provided by lexmark (ok, true). I just simply wanted to installthe win7 drivers (64 bit) onto mysystem, but windows 8 stated, that this driver would not be compatible and denied the installation.

Then I just simply applied the normal procedure that seemed logical to me: in the properties of the setup-file, I selected the compatibilitie-mode for windows 7 and and granted administrative rights when the file would execute (right click on file - context-menu - compatibility tab).

Then windows 8 had no more complaints and installed the software, found the printer over wifi and printed the test page without problems. At this point I did not check the fax-feature or any "scan-to" functions etc. but printing is fine. I assume that the other funtions will work as well although not tested yet.

Regards

bugsbunny23

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hi,

I must say that this is not true. At this time there are no genuine Windows 8 drivers provided by lexmark (ok, true). I just simply wanted to installthe win7 drivers (64 bit) onto mysystem, but windows 8 stated, that this driver would not be compatible and denied the installation.

Then I just simply applied the normal procedure that seemed logical to me: in the properties of the setup-file, I selected the compatibilitie-mode for windows 7 and and granted administrative rights when the file would execute (right click on file - context-menu - compatibility tab).

Then windows 8 had no more complaints and installed the software, found the printer over wifi and printed the test page without problems. At this point I did not check the fax-feature or any "scan-to" functions etc. but printing is fine. I assume that the other funtions will work as well although not tested yet.

Regards

bugsbunny23

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hi,

Regards

AlpineKid

Honorable
May 10, 2013
OK it is now March 2014. Did anybody get an answer or update on the drivers for Windows 8.1 for the Lexmark Provail Pro 705??
Also would like to know how to uninstall the Lexmark print driver that I do have installed.