Diamond Stealth (PCI) <--backup card
WD1000BB (special edition 8MB cache) HTFS
WD 9GB Caviar (system drive) HTFS
Fujitsu HD (old system) FAT32
Soundblaster16 PCI
DLink NIC
Plextor 12/10/30
Pioneer 106s DVD ROM

I CANNOT for the life of me get XP installed without either fatal erros, or graphic card problems. I can get it installed but then no games that change the screen res work. they cause crashes and driver problems.
Has anyone used this mobo/cpu combo with XP successfully?
All the different Gainward/Nvidia drivers I tried (both WHQL and non WHQL) warn me that they aren't certified!! Has anyone been able to get drivers to work with this video card and XP?
My Device Manager tells me that the NIC/sound card/video card are all using IRQ 11. but no conflicts! might this be the cause?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!!!

svol

Champion
It could cause it, you can try to change your cards from PCI slots and disable the onboard COM/LPT ports if you don't use them to free up some IRQs.
And check if your memory timings are set to auto and that the CAS latency is set to 2.5.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

G

Smokimon,
I ran into the same prob with this board at work the other day. Apparantly the bios defaults for the voltages are incorrect. you will need to go into CMOS setup and manually change them to the following values.

VCORE = 1.8025 or 1.825 try 1.8025 first then bump up
IO Voltage = 3.5V
DDR RAM = 2.55V

Manually plugging these values in made this ABIT mobo with an XP 1700 solid as a rock.
Let me know how it goes

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Im sick and tired of reading this, its in every dam place I look

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

svol

Champion
You're right about the DDR voltage, but the VCore has to be set to 1.75V (unless your OC'ing) otherwise it will produce more heat.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .