Computer Prices

rossyl

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2002
What do you think will happen to computer prices in the next few months?

Rise/Fall/or stay at a constant?

DDR ram has risen in price?

What will graphics cards such as the GF3 or Radeon 8500 do in price wars?

Are processors at the sub 1.5Ghz mark set to drop as the 2Ghz machines take over?

Views on this please.

Ross

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I except all PC component prices to drop except for RAM which may still continue rise for another month or two. The R8500 and GF3Ti500 will compete for price in the next months. I expect both to drop to ~$200USD as the higher-end GF4s and RV250/R300s are released. Well, MHz-wise, AMD won't have a true 2GHz processor for a few months and Intel will reach 2.5GHz by then. CPU prices in all ranges will drop in price in the upcoming months.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
I expect everything to fall in price except RAM and LCD monitors in the next few months. RAM has already risen in price, but due to the shortages of the glass used to make LCD, the prices will start to rise within the next months.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i expect ram to begin falling within the next couple of months.
why?

cauz u have the new wave of motherboards and high speed second generation PC2700 DDR hitting the shelves in greater quantity.
hopefully this will gradually push down the cost of PC1600/2100/2400

The lack of thermal protection on Athlon's is cunning way to stop morons from using AMD. :)

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Ram prices were artificially low, many dram chips were selling below cost, the price will continue to rise untill it hits a steady point.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

sakattack

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2001
General rule: Prices will remain at a constant, meaning that new top-of-the-line products will take the place of current top-performers(ie GF4 for GF3) at the same top-price (ie $300) and push the latter down the ladder.

Therefore, there is only one safe rule for buying:
<b> Buy/upgrade exactly when you're going to really NEED sth. Neither hurry, nor wait</b> <i> (unless you KNOW that a new product coming out in the next 15 days is going to induce a new order.</i>

rossyl

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2002
What is going on with DDR Ram prices.

Do you reckon its gonna rise further?

I'm gonna prob do my PC by end Feb/begining March. Hopefully by then the system I'm looking at now would've dropped in price:

-Radeon 8500
-Soltek motherboard
-AMD XP 1500+
-256 DDR Ram

But if DDR Ram is set to rise would I be better off just buying it now and keeping it?

Also i need suggestions on Hard Drives...nothing too expnsive so prob around 20GB, 7,200Rpm. Any reccomendations.

TRENDING THREADS