Sign in with
Your question

I have 2 files that have mp3\'s on and somehow the permissions has been changed

Last response: in Windows 7
February 16, 2013 5:09:00 PM

Hello,
I have 2 files that have mp3's on and somehow the permissions has been changed and I cannot open and view or play the mp3's, How do I go in and change on a XP laptop, I was able to plug external harddrive on windows 7 and change the permissions and see and play all the mp3's.
This harddrive is what I use to do my DJ with, before this happened I was able to take harddrive and go from my XP laptops to my Win 7 laptops with no problem to play music.
PLEASE HELP
February 16, 2013 5:14:57 PM

***ALSO when looking at the 2 folders on my XP laptops that I use for my shows/gigs it sez that that are EMPTY...BUT when I run a Scan using Microsoft Security Essentials...I can see ALL the MP3's that are in these 2 folders that are Supposedly Empty
m
l
February 25, 2013 11:30:20 PM

Well, I figured this out on my own, I plugged the 1 TB external hard drive into my Windows 7 changed the permissions on the drive/folders and re-took ownership and then changed to be able to View by 'Everyone' etc
m
l
March 8, 2013 12:44:30 AM

I keep getting these emails from this site saying:*******
Hello ,
we noticed that your thread is not active anymore. Did you get the answer that you were seeking? We invite you to review the answers, and select the best one as your "Best Answer" (click on the gold cup above it).
Click here to review the answers to your question: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum//forum2.php?config=to...
Selecting a "Best Answer" will help the community to easily spot answers to similar issues or questions.
If you did not get the answer you were seeking, we suggest that you add details to your question. By doing so, you will get renewed attention to your issue.
Thank you for contributing the Tom's Hardware community
The Tom's Hardware community team*****
I ANSWERED MY OWN POST/QUESTION...NO ONE JUMPED IN TO HELP ME....SOOOOOOO I GUESS YOU CAN SAY IT'S CLOSED!! SO CLOSE IT!!
m
l
!