Dell Latitude D530 System Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgt bombulous

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
The system fan in my wife's laptop died, so I bought a new one off of Ebay. Turns out it came straight from China, and after going through the motions to swap out the stock one for the new one... The new one didn't work either. So, is it just a consequence of going cheap? Is there any chance the motherboard is somehow incapable of powering the fan, via a short, or some bios failure? Finally, can anyone point me to an alternate source to by a replacement fan? The model seems to be HG477. I appreciate any help or advice.

Cheers!

Solution
Try Dell tech support directly. They are actually helpful from time to time.

You can also try a site that specializes in Dell parts, like www.txcesssurplus.com . I have bought several parts from them over the years. Only one "dud" and it was replaced with a simple phone call. Good folks to work with.

Good luck!

BTW, the mobo could be the problem as the fan connects directly to it. txcess might have that as well.

HOOAH!!!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Try Dell tech support directly. They are actually helpful from time to time.

You can also try a site that specializes in Dell parts, like www.txcesssurplus.com . I have bought several parts from them over the years. Only one "dud" and it was replaced with a simple phone call. Good folks to work with.

Good luck!

BTW, the mobo could be the problem as the fan connects directly to it. txcess might have that as well.

HOOAH!!!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.