Help Remove file from Treo Expansion card

April 13, 2005 11:20:58 AM

I inadvertantly downloaded a .zip file to my expansion card and can't
figure out how to remove it. Is there a utility that allows me to see
file names and delete them?
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 11:37:56 AM

Download a (freeware) copy of FileZ (www.nosleep.net). It's a highly
capable file manager that runs on Palm OS (including Treos). Use it to
delete the file.

You can also download freeware called Handzipper LIte, which will allow
you to unzip and ind install files directly on your Treo. Do a google
search for it, I can't remember the site where it's available.

Shneor
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 7:39:37 PM

thunefischsalat wrote:

> I inadvertantly downloaded a .zip file to my expansion card and can't
> figure out how to remove it. Is there a utility that allows me to see
> file names and delete them?

I have pointed to the same tool many times in the past and I will do so
again:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml

This tool (FileZ) should have become part of the original Palm OS (as is or
implemented by PalmSource). Without proper file viewer, your memory can
easily turn into a mess.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>thunefischsalat wrote:
>
>> I inadvertantly downloaded a .zip file to my expansion card and can't
>> figure out how to remove it. Is there a utility that allows me to see
>> file names and delete them?
>
>I have pointed to the same tool many times in the past and I will do so
>again:
>
>http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml
>
>This tool (FileZ) should have become part of the original Palm OS (as is or
>implemented by PalmSource). Without proper file viewer, your memory can
>easily turn into a mess.

Might I also suggest FileProg:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/fileprog.shtml

It is more capable than Filez but is not as intuitive. I particularly like the
ability to overwrite an existing file. Filez complains with an annoying pop up
if you don't go find the file you want to overwrite and delete it first.
!