Sign in with
Your question

Lexmark X8350-cannot get it to scan in 64 Bit 7-works perfect 32 bit

Last response: in Windows 7
May 23, 2010 3:28:33 AM

I am stumped. The official MS web site says my all in one, Lexmark X8350, is compatible with 64 bit version of Windows 7. I can get it to print-.HOWEVER, I cannot get it to scan. I have tried multiple installations and even did a clean install-still no cigar.

What happens is it starts to scan, but for some reason it does not transfer the image to any programs-either the Lexmark All In One or Picasa. It just hangs and then crashes.

I know it is NOT the scanner hardware-I connected my wife's laptop that has 32 bit version of Windows 7 and it works like a charm. No problems whatsoever.

I am not sure what to do. I wanted to scan some family photos for a project. Now I cannot get this scanner to work at all. Is there anything I am missing?
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 23, 2010 4:21:56 AM

Hi.

Uninstall the printer and all the drivers and components of the printer and disconnect the printer and reboot ur rig.

DON'T connect the printer yet. Download the driver for x64 OS here says that it's for Vista but don't worry works on Win 7 too.

Run the setup program and follow the steps.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 209 $ Windows 7
May 23, 2010 4:52:07 AM

One thing to keep in mind is that the old "TWAIN" scanning interface is a 32-bit interface and it no longer works under 64-bit Windows. There's a newer 64-bit version of TWAIN, but it doesn't seem to be widely supported. For example, my 64-bit version of Photoshop CS4 can't scan using TWAIN.

If you're using the scanning software supplied by the manufacturer then you should be OK, but third-party programs may be more problematic.

Windows has it's own "WIA" (Windows Image Acquisition) interface which should work if you have your basic 64-bit scanner drivers installed. You can use the "Windows Fax and Scan" control panel item to scan images that way.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 395 $ Windows 7
May 23, 2010 3:52:27 PM

same here sminlal!
m
l
!