{O-T} How do you go about squashing these cross-posting ha..

Someone please tell me, bad enough when Grossi did it. Now I get one who do
it from other groups x-posting into this one

Feels like I'm stuck in some Machiavelian maze....

Look! An 'exit' sign go through it and find myself back at the beginning of
the maze.....

--==--
Jerry Chesko

Jerry Chesko wrote:
> Someone please tell me, bad enough when Grossi did it. Now I get one who do
> it from other groups x-posting into this one
>
> Feels like I'm stuck in some Machiavelian maze....
>
> Look! An 'exit' sign go through it and find myself back at the beginning of
> the maze.....

How do you go about it? Use filters or ignore 'em if you're not
interested in it. There are also flame "warriors" here who are only
interested in insulting newbs or those who aren't part of their little
internet clique (there are many useful regs here though). It's a fact
of life on unmoderated Usenet NGs which can both be a blessing and a
curse. There's not really much else you can do except maybe complain
to their Admin (most don't care unless it's bona fide spamming), but
FWIW, with throwaway accounts, it's better to ignore them or flame them
when you get the urge.

"Jerry Chesko" <res7g0hd@verizon.net> writes:

> Someone please tell me, bad enough when Grossi did it. Now I get one who do
> it from other groups x-posting into this one
>
> Feels like I'm stuck in some Machiavelian maze....
>
> Look! An 'exit' sign go through it and find myself back at the beginning of
> the maze.....

Get a decent newsreader, i.e. anything but Outlook Express.

HTH, HAND,

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.

Jerry Chesko wrote:
> "Chris Hayes" <hayes12@fadmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> > Jerry Chesko wrote:
> >> Someone please tell me, bad enough when Grossi did it. Now I get one who
> >> do
> >> it from other groups x-posting into this one
> >>
> >> Feels like I'm stuck in some Machiavelian maze....
> >>
> >> Look! An 'exit' sign go through it and find myself back at the beginning
> >> of
> >> the maze.....
> >>

> > How do you go about it? Use filters or ignore 'em if you're not
> > interested in it. There are also flame "warriors" here who are only
> > interested in insulting newbs or those who aren't part of their little
> > internet clique (there are many useful regs here though). It's a fact
> > of life on unmoderated Usenet NGs which can both be a blessing and a
> > curse. There's not really much else you can do except maybe complain
> > to their Admin (most don't care unless it's bona fide spamming), but
> > FWIW, with throwaway accounts, it's better to ignore them or flame them
> > when you get the urge.
> >
> Great, now I get to spend hours 'aliasing' (MUD-speak for making up things
> to make your character be more unique),

I used to do MUDs a few years ago. Got tired of them because they're
sorta timesinks. It may be a pain, but that's Usenet.

>only in this case it'll be scripting
> filters to keep those EEEeeeviiillll (muaaaah-ha-ha!) Flame Warriors out of
> my little castle.
>
> Oh yes, MS-OE does just fine. I've tried navigating through Google and got
> stuck in that web-world latency. Poor pitiful me can only afford dial-up.

Where are you at? Many places got DSL and Cable for rather affordable
prices.

"Chris Hayes" <hayes12@fadmail.com> wrote in message

> Jerry Chesko wrote:
>> Someone please tell me, bad enough when Grossi did it. Now I get one who
>> do
>> it from other groups x-posting into this one
>>
>> Feels like I'm stuck in some Machiavelian maze....
>>
>> Look! An 'exit' sign go through it and find myself back at the beginning
>> of
>> the maze.....
>>

> How do you go about it? Use filters or ignore 'em if you're not
> interested in it. There are also flame "warriors" here who are only
> interested in insulting newbs or those who aren't part of their little
> internet clique (there are many useful regs here though). It's a fact
> of life on unmoderated Usenet NGs which can both be a blessing and a
> curse. There's not really much else you can do except maybe complain
> to their Admin (most don't care unless it's bona fide spamming), but
> FWIW, with throwaway accounts, it's better to ignore them or flame them
> when you get the urge.

Great, now I get to spend hours 'aliasing' (MUD-speak for making up things
to make your character be more unique), only in this case it'll be scripting

Jerry Chesko wrote:
> "Chris Hayes" <hayes12@fadmail.com> wrote in message
>>Jerry Chesko wrote:
>>>Someone please tell me, bad enough when Grossi did it. Now I get one who
>>>do it from other groups x-posting into this one

> Great, now I get to spend hours 'aliasing' (MUD-speak for making up things
> to make your character be more unique), only in this case it'll be scripting
> filters to keep those EEEeeeviiillll (muaaaah-ha-ha!) Flame Warriors out of
> my little castle.
>
> Oh yes, MS-OE does just fine. I've tried navigating through Google and got
> stuck in that web-world latency. Poor pitiful me can only afford dial-up.

Netscape Navigator or Mozilla is your friend.... pick any
individual message out of a thread, highlight it with the mouse,
and press the "k" key to killfile the entire thread. Close and
re-open the newsgroup, and whatever message thread was highlighted
vanishes, never to return (unless you have to reinstall your
newsreader on account Micro$oft Windows hard crashes).

Works like a champ, and can be used on multiple threads at the
same time. Haven't used OE for years now.

Re,
Dirk

Hey I am looking for a good MUD and am having a difficult time, I want
it large non level based equipment(or for a concept ow about only
cetaain powerful and unique items being evel based) I want it large
with lots of skills and spells, and no xp loss for retreating.

"Jerry Chesko" <res7g0hd@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Someone please tell me, bad enough when Grossi did it. Now I get one who
do
> it from other groups x-posting into this one
>
> Feels like I'm stuck in some Machiavelian maze....
>
> Look! An 'exit' sign go through it and find myself back at the beginning
of
> the maze.....

You're using OE express right? In which case, like me, you have limited
options. I recommend killing the thread and kill filing each of the
original posters.

1. Tools -> Message Rules -> News
2. New -> Tick box "where subject line contains specific words" -> Tick
box "Delete it"
3. Click the hyperlink at the bottom that says "contains specific words"
4. Type the exact thread title and click Add.
5. Name your rule if you desire.
6. Click OK.
7. Select a post by the original poster.
8. Message -> Block Sender
9. Click yes to remove all posts stored.