new board/case, problem

i'm sure this sounds stupid, but i just bought all the new components to put my system together and i don't think there are any spacers to put between the mobo and the chasis in the case?
Is this possible?
What should i do?
8 answers Last reply
More about board case problem
  1. The spacers should come with the case. If not, go back to where you got the case and complain.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
  2. would the mount holes happen to be raised at all? some cases do not require spacers. a particular case i've used for a couple different comps (in-win s500) doesn't require them. their molded into the chassis

[insert philosophical statement here]
  3. Weird, I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that my KG7 Raid mobo came with spacers.(and cases should come with spacers, just saying I think I got some with my mobo as well)

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
    No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!
  4. the mount holes are raised, and i called the company i bought it from.. they said no spacers were required.
    hopefully it doesn't fry my board, we'll see...
    thanks for the posts guys

...so i got that goin' for me
  5. If the motherboard only makes contact with the mounting holes of your case, you will be fine.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .
  6. Good call, mbetea.

Mat, I know, but cases always come with spacers (when they're needed), so I figured you'd have more luck complaining with the people you get the case from than calling up Abit/Asus/MSI/Gigabyte/Etc.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
  7. yay for me! i only wish now 1 helpful post would make up for the hundreds of others i have... i can only hope those poor souls never listened to my advice.

happiness is finding a stick of ram in your mail.
  8. lol <--- worthless post made up for by all the others :wink:

Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cases Components