Sign in with
Your question

new board/case, problem

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 24, 2002 10:15:04 PM

i'm sure this sounds stupid, but i just bought all the new components to put my system together and i don't think there are any spacers to put between the mobo and the chasis in the case?
Is this possible?
What should i do?

More about : board case problem

January 24, 2002 10:17:46 PM

The spacers should come with the case. If not, go back to where you got the case and complain.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
January 24, 2002 11:54:56 PM

would the mount holes happen to be raised at all? some cases do not require spacers. a particular case i've used for a couple different comps (in-win s500) doesn't require them. their molded into the chassis

[insert philosophical statement here]
Related resources
January 25, 2002 5:52:47 AM

Weird, I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that my KG7 Raid mobo came with spacers.(and cases should come with spacers, just saying I think I got some with my mobo as well)

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!
January 25, 2002 1:43:32 PM

the mount holes are raised, and i called the company i bought it from.. they said no spacers were required.
hopefully it doesn't fry my board, we'll see...
thanks for the posts guys

...so i got that goin' for me
January 25, 2002 3:03:38 PM

If the motherboard only makes contact with the mounting holes of your case, you will be fine.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:  .
January 25, 2002 3:11:34 PM

Good call, mbetea.

Mat, I know, but cases always come with spacers (when they're needed), so I figured you'd have more luck complaining with the people you get the case from than calling up Abit/Asus/MSI/Gigabyte/Etc.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
January 25, 2002 9:44:09 PM

yay for me! i only wish now 1 helpful post would make up for the hundreds of others i have... i can only hope those poor souls never listened to my advice.

happiness is finding a stick of ram in your mail.
January 25, 2002 9:47:55 PM

lol <--- worthless post made up for by all the others :wink:

!